Audiologist Just Told Me I'm A Possible Candidate

Just heard from her today. I quote that the best way to get the answer to my questions is to "Go to Chapel Hill and receive the consultation and evaluation. They are best prepared to asses your situation and address candidacy."

Hmm, after reading the bilateral thread, maybe I should get both ears implanted. It's very draining to have to depend on a single ear.

I"m well aware that it'll require a lot of hard work on my part and I'm doing my best to wear my HA at all times. No ringing yet thank goodness though the fan is driving me crazy. Just turned it down. MUCH better.

Yea, you need to go through the whole kabootle. You can get your questions answered and I know she will be square with you all the way. You have a great attitude about the whole thing. Keep on trucking.

*Groan* Just found out that I need to get a new Medicare card so now I gotta reschedule. I misplaced my old card. There's something to be said for being organized. :P Hopefully everything goes smoothly after that.

*Groan* Just found out that I need to get a new Medicare card so now I gotta reschedule. I misplaced my old card. There's something to be said for being organized. :P Hopefully everything goes smoothly after that.

Sorry to hear that. Wow, does it take that long to get a new card?

Bureaucracy is getting crazier and crazier every year. I thought four weeks was ridiculous.

First the good news! I don't have to cancel my appointment for Dec 4 after all even though I misplaced my Medicare card.

The bad news is that I still haven't gotten my replacement card. </twiddling her thumbs>

18 more days till my appointment! :hyper:

Well since I have a copy of my Medicare number, apparently not. I hope everything goes smoothly. My dad made the call for me as I have no wish to go thru the automated answering machine via relay again.

First the good news! I don't have to cancel my appointment for Dec 4 after all even though I misplaced my Medicare card.

The bad news is that I still haven't gotten my replacement card. </twiddling her thumbs>

18 more days till my appointment! :hyper:

That's great news. I'm sure people will understand if you say that your medicare card is coming through.

Hope the appt goes well - I think I already said that it's my daughter's birthday.

Well, tomorrow is the 4th! Best of success on your appt. Let us know how it went!

Hey thanks guys! I'll be leaving in 15 minutes and I'm not sure when I'll have access to a computer. I'll keep you updated either tonight or tomorrow depending on my computer access. :hyper: :fingersx: :hyper:

Oh yeah R2D2, say Happy birthday to your daughter for me!

Last edited:
Hear Again is impatiently drumming her fingers against the table waiting for deafskeptic's news.... :)

Hey, first the good news! I'm a candidate. Date for the operation is in late January or early February.

Now the bad news. I gotta keep diabetes and blood pressure under control. Doc won't operate unless he's sure it's under control. Hey, I think my fingers are a worthy sacrifice for the cause. Gotta prick 'em for so I can make sure that blood sugar is under control.

Also, I won't know the results from my CT till tomorrow.

I was afraid I'd do too well on speech comprehension part. Boy was I wrong. This speech comprehension test involves me being able to understand spoken sentences without lipreading. I did well on the individual words part but I really bombed the sentence part. I hadn't expected to get ZERO comprehension on this test.

Back