Audiograms and hearing tests

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do any of you understand all the audiograms and stuff? If so, how did you come across about learning about them? I have only just understood them all and im 19 years old. I think there should be a lot more explanations for deaf people.

I never took all that much interests. I don't I still do. I know I can or can not hear so I don't really need an audiologist tell me

It seem like I have to explain it to other people in medical terms though

I understand it. My audi explained some and then I read about the rest. I'm also really geeky so that type of stuff interests me.

I researched it and asked a lot about it lol and my audi answers all my questions

I learned how to "read" audiograms while I was in the 8th grade. There was me and another deaf student in the 8th grade class in the middle school, and instead of taking French with the other middle school students, our interpreter and deaf ed teacher had an ASL and Deaf History class for the 2 of us, which was cool. The interpreter, she showed us the audiograms and explained everything to us.

Do any of you understand all the audiograms and stuff? If so, how did you come across about learning about them? I have only just understood them all and im 19 years old. I think there should be a lot more explanations for deaf people.

Although I've had hearing loss since age 3, I didn't really understand audiograms until age 15 when I received my first pair of hearing aids. At that time, my audi explained what an audiogram looks like as well as what it means. She said I had a moderately-severe hearing loss at the time which meant in layperson's terms that I could hear moderate to loud sounds unaided, but not soft sounds. I also couldn't hear speech in background noise or from a distance without aids.

I havent still yet havent had an explanation from audiologist what my hearing loss is really is but with research on my favourite website which is google i now understand a lot more about my hearing loss.

Just this past year, I learned how to read my audiogram. I still don't worry about the fine details. I can't worry about each db or drop in sounds. I also understand that a test in the booth is nothing like daily life. When I have problems saying sounds, it is time for a tune up.

Back