Audio Rehabilitation Materials

contradica

Reaction score
I have to share this amazing website with you guys. This website is the answer to all my auditory rehabilitation. I am going to download the unabridged audio books and then check the book out in the library so I can follow along. How is easy is that?

Overdrive.com is a website that collaborates with libraries across the world to offer free Audio Books, E-books, Music, and Video. All you need to have is; a library card, download and install the free Overdrive Media Console software, and Windows Media Player 9 with the security update that can play the protected content. It helps to have a high speed internet connection but it is not necessary. Depending on the audio book that you download, you can burn it to a CD or upload it to your MP3 player. Unfortunately, this does not work with Ipod’s or Mac’s. One day it will, one day. There is always ways around it. Here are the pertinent links so you can see if you can take advantage of this!

Search for your Library
Search for your library first and see if they offer free downloads.

Download the free Overdrive Media Console
This will download the content and play it.

Download Windows Media Player 9
In case you don't have it or you would like to upgrade.

Instructions on how to install the security update for Windows Media Player 9

I have complete confidence that I am not going to run out of rehab materials for quite some time.

That's great! After my CI surgery, I started off with children's audio books and progressed my way up.

ESL sites are also quite useful as they sometimes provide transcripts for you to reference your listening to. On the Voice of America website they have some podcasts given in special English (read a bit slower and clearer than usual) and I enjoyed listening to those early on. I'm sure it has helped me.

Here is the site if you are interested:
VOA News - Voice of America Special English - News Radio for English Learners

Back