Attn:deaf258!

DoVip said:
Deaf 258 never shut down on the computer. And he's away from his computer. :-o

omg .. You are a stalker.

ladycaissa said:
Actually it's cost the same to leave the computer on...it takes more engery turning on and off the computer...in long run it all equates out.
I can hear my husband's telling me "When will you listen to me?" :whistle:

It is best to leave it on! (I have a bad habit to turn it off if I leave the room) :giggle:

I always leave it on.. since computer forced me to restart because I updated my computer..

I leave my computer on all the time, but not my AIM. I shut it off before I go to work and sign on while at work. If I get a new job where I can't use AIM, then I will keep it on 24/7.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 18
i dont leave my computer on overnight or 24/7 no way... it happened me twice time , first was got on fire by leaving my computer on for more than 3 months.. cords got sparkled and got fire! .... 2nd ones i left computer longer like more than 6 months.. then got screwed up by over 20 viruses no matter if it not connect or disconnect.. grrrr

this computer is my 3rd.. so i dont let it on all 24/7 .. so i can leave it on all day .. before go bed to turn it off! cool off all night! :)

TOF

You think 10 days is a long time? Check this out!

251days.jpg

TongueOnFire said:
i dont leave my computer on overnight or 24/7 no way... it happened me twice time , first was got on fire by leaving my computer on for more than 3 months.. cords got sparkled and got fire! .... 2nd ones i left computer longer like more than 6 months.. then got screwed up by over 20 viruses no matter if it not connect or disconnect.. grrrr

this computer is my 3rd.. so i dont let it on all 24/7 .. so i can leave it on all day .. before go bed to turn it off! cool off all night! :)

TOF

That's PC for ya, TOF. i have left my computer on 24/7 and nothing has happened since 2003, rarely on occassions I turn it off. :)

me second that, been left conncted/turn on <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=computer%20laptop" onmouseover="window.status='computer, laptop'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">computer, laptop</a> and my sidekickII for 24/7 i use to switch when I am home use my either computer and laptop when I am in my bedroom, at work my sidekick2 with me
sometimes turn off when spring i move desk by window i have to turn off to move, in winter again turn off to move away from window cuz there is heat, ofc, alot to work but change my mood ;)

OMG, at vamp for 251?! :lol:

Freewoman76 said:
me second that, been left conncted/turn on <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=computer%20laptop" onmouseover="window.status='computer, laptop'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">computer, laptop</a> and my sidekickII for 24/7 i use to switch when I am home use my either computer and laptop when I am in my bedroom, at work my sidekick2 with me
sometimes turn off when spring i move desk by window i have to turn off to move, in winter again turn off to move away from window cuz there is heat, ofc, alot to work but change my mood ;)

OMG, at vamp for 251?! :lol:

You know we use BBcode on this forum, right, and not HTML? ;)

Miss-Delectable said:
Gosh, what a waste of electricity! Your electricity bill must be higher than normal, no?

As for me, I don't put the computer and ADSL on all day. Mum'd kill me.

Yes, electricity used too much if you leave internet on the computer all the day. Best is turn internet off when you didn´t use internet but leave the computer on all the day.

I left internet on last year all the day and received high electricity bill. :( (Normally I paid €125.-- electricity & water bill every 2 month until end of year, the man from utilties company came to every houses to read the utilities meter to check how much leftover or credit).
I was shock when I saw the annual bill that I has to pay €300 overleft. :eek: I normally paid between €10 and €50. I had to pay €100 every month instead of every 2 month :eek:

I received the tips from my friends to not leave internet on all the day if you did not use it. Just leave computer on, not internet. I started to try to do my friend´s tip. I have to wait and see what the new bill come end of this year to compare with last year. I hope to get the credit back which I pay €100 every month.....

Miss-Delectable said:
Gosh, what a waste of electricity! Your electricity bill must be higher than normal, no?

As for me, I don't put the computer and ADSL on all day. Mum'd kill me.
Not really. I have tested on that one during autumn season which I don't need to use the AC (Air Conditioner) or heater. In one full month, I left my computer on as long as my computer can. Then in next month, again, in one full month, I turned off/on my computer every morning and night. Nothing changes in usual routines (dishwashers, TV, DVD player, etc). I made the log (both months) to take everything into account. I compared the bills and I realized that turn on/off the computer costs our electricity bit more than leave it on all the time. Power itself on/off eats up lots of electricity. Nowaday, our new computers have better electricity conservation system than our old ones.

That's how it is to me but it may be a bit different in others' cases due to electricity system and state electricity regulation.

i don t leave mine all day no way we try to keep our electricity down plus also i turn off the puter if im going out for a couple of hours unless im expecting a call then yah i ll leave the puter on with the call message playback activated... then i ll have it off at night then turn off all electrcitity during the day so i don't have to use those when not needed

Magatsu said:
I compared the bills and I realized that turn on/off the computer costs our electricity bit more than leave it on all the time. Power itself on/off eats up lots of electricity.

That's why I leave mine on ALL the time!

Magatsu said:
Not really. I have tested on that one during autumn season which I don't need to use the AC (Air Conditioner) or heater. In one full month, I left my computer on as long as my computer can. Then in next month, again, in one full month, I turned off/on my computer every morning and night. Nothing changes in usual routines (dishwashers, TV, DVD player, etc). I made the log (both months) to take everything into account. I compared the bills and I realized that turn on/off the computer costs our electricity bit more than leave it on all the time. Power itself on/off eats up lots of electricity. Nowaday, our new computers have better electricity conservation system than our old ones.

That's how it is to me but it may be a bit different in others' cases due to electricity system and state electricity regulation.

It´s nothing do with different electricity regulation. Sure, I use electricity everyday like stove, washdisher, dryer, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, it´s save energy to leave computer on all the day but not INTERNET.

It´s meaningful to turn internet off but NOT switch the computer off. It´s waste of electricity to leave INTERNET all the day which you didn´t use it. Electrictiy eats internet bit more than you turn internet off.

My friends learn about it and compare between leave INTERNET all the day and turn INTERNET off. I will compare it this year to see either last year and this year is same or not.

ladycaissa said:
Actually it's cost the same to leave the computer on...it takes more engery turning on and off the computer...in long run it all equates out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Back