Attention Alex:

whodatshroom

Reaction score
I have one huge question about moving posts.

On the Alldeaf.com main page, under General Discussion. Why does it say Off-Topic discussions & polls about anything you wish to speak your mind about, when people keep moving posts to other places?

Reason I am asking you this is because I noticed it said that I could post ANYTHING I wish to speak my mind about. Well when I do that, someone moves it into another section. No offense to you, but that's bull. Someone needs to clean that up and I don't appreciate someone moving my thread to somewhere where it doesn't belong. Does anyone agree with me?? If you don't believe me then read the description under General Discussion and see that it says I can post ANYTHING I wish to speak about.

Thank you, for taking your time to read this. I just wanted to let you know there are some mistakes you need to fix.

Yep, I agree with you. It was annoying when my first post was moved to "Introductions" forum. I found it pretty rude and nobody ever go there to welcome me. So I rarely post... only when I feel like it. Oh well...

Hey, Shroomy, how are ya doing? In case you didn't know, one of the Moderator's duties is to move any thread that doesn't belong here to the appropriate forum. It is also stated in the Forum Rules thread, and I quote:

"The Administrator (Me) and moderators reserve the right to remove, edit or move posts without explanation."

I understand, and apologize, if the description for the General Discussion forum was not clear enough. I'll change the description when I have a chance, no problem.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

whodatshroom said:

On the Alldeaf.com main page, under General Discussion. Why does it say Off-Topic discussions & polls about anything you wish to speak your mind about, when people keep moving posts to other places?

Reason I am asking you this is because I noticed it said that I could post ANYTHING I wish to speak my mind about. Well when I do that, someone moves it into another section. No offense to you, but that's bull. Someone needs to clean that up and I don't appreciate someone moving my thread to somewhere where it doesn't belong. Does anyone agree with me?? If you don't believe me then read the description under General Discussion and see that it says I can post ANYTHING I wish to speak about.

Thank you, for taking your time to read this. I just wanted to let you know there are some mistakes you need to fix.

Whodatshroom -- i uddy what u are saying and have noticed the same as well -- my opinion on why it might be happening is possibly that a thread that sounds like its a debate (for example) that would be moved to On-Topic Debates instead of in the General Discussions forum so that way ppl can stick with that topic for a debate

Fly Free said:
Whodatshroom -- i uddy what u are saying and have noticed the same as well -- my opinion on why it might be happening is possibly that a thread that sounds like its a debate (for example) that would be moved to On-Topic Debates instead of in the General Discussions forum so that way ppl can stick with that topic for a debate
That's fine if it gets moved, but I don't like it when my thread gets moved to somewhere where it doesn't belong. My recent thread, "For Guys Only" a question about if they thought women get it easier than they do got moved to, DEAF/HEARING RELATIONSHIP. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. WHICH IS MAJOR BULLSHIT. I just want my thread be where it's belonged, not under Deaf/Hearing Relationship.

whodatshroom said:

Off-topic discussions and polls are to belong in General Discussion if there are no other sections where those topics belong.

In other words, if you wish to speak about a topic that wouldn't belong in any other sections on the board....it belongs in General Discussion.

Just because you wish to post something about a computer topic....doesn't mean that it belongs in General discussion because there is a section for computer related topics.

I'll speak up for whoever was the moderator that transferred your post. I would admit that I would have transferred your post "women get it easier" to "DEAF/HEARING RELATIONSHIP" section because I was taken back by your first confusing post. My assumption would have been "being more spoiled" by men. :p

Your post here was very helpful to warn the rest of the moderators and I to be more wary about deciding if a thread was created in the wrong section. Thanks for bringing up attention to this matter.

I was the one who moved that thread to different section. I thought it was no big deal because it basically talking about why "some women are easy". I moved it because I found that thread seems very fitting in there in realtionship forum.

By the way, if you have any problems, please do not make thread to seek attenion, it's not hard to just PMing one of mods and one of us would solve this problem easily.

If you don't like what I did moved your thread, then I am sorry. All I was trying to do my job to make best possible for everybody in alldeaf.

forgive me for butting in here, but i have a better suggestion, how abt the moderators and members working together by communicating, with a little note in the PM box saying does this topic belong in another forum section OR, make a note on the thread MOD: this stays here as its off topic or blah blah so it shows me that we re working together to make the mods job a bit easier and the member's to have team work without being upset abt this. it's merely a suggestion hope no one bangs my head for this.

Back