At&t vrs

ash345

Audist Free Zone
Premium Member
Reaction score
USA: Message from AT&T to AT&T Video Relay Service Customers:
AT&T is preparing to discontinue its Video Relay Service (VRS) on December 23, 2011, including the VL5 iPhone app and computer software downloads. Importantly, as long as you choose another VRS provider and transfer your number by December 23, 2011, you can keep the same 10-digit number. Just contact a new provider of your choice directly and they’ll be able to help you. A list of providers can be found on the FCC website at TRS Providers | FCC.gov. After December 23, 2011, you will no longer be able to use your number to access VRS via AT&T. We apologize for any inconvenience and are happy to answer any questions or concerns you have about this change. Our support team is reachable by email rm-att customer care@att.com or by calling 1-877-642-2877 (Video Phone).

Just an FYI... Donno if you know it or not.

Repost and old news.

FCC now requires VRS companies to be 100% dedicated to ITRS business. Can not be part time providers. AT&T can't do that, so they decided to exit their business.

sorry just got it in an email yesterday from WWH

I just learned about this. I just started with them Nov 10th about, so I needed to switch my number (rather than giving everyone a new number for a second time in as many months). I am now with Purple, hopefully they have good service and will be around for awhile.

Back