AT&T discount on Data Plan for deaf?

jack55

Reaction score
Does AT&T have a discount on Data Plan for deaf? Such as not requiring voice mail and calls since us deaf folks can't hear.

Does AT&T have a discount on Data Plan for deaf? Such as not requiring voice mail and calls since us deaf folks can't hear.

Yes, they do. it's called TAP (Text Accessibility Plan) I pay total of around $36 a month with taxes included.

You need a doctor's note or an audiologist to prove them that you are deaf so you can get the discounts.

Yes, they do. it's called TAP (Text Accessibility Plan) I pay total of around $36 a month with taxes included.

You need a doctor's note or an audiologist to prove them that you are deaf so you can get the discounts.

Does that include data plan? I have all the doctors documents.

Does that include data plan? I have all the doctors documents.

Data only plan with texts.

iPhone/Blackberry/Smartphone $35.00/mo 200 MB data (internet and email)
and unlimited messaging *
iPhone/Blackberry/Smartphone $45.00/mo 2 GB data(internet and email) and
unlimited messaging **
iPhone/Blackberry/Smartphone $65.00/mo 2 GB data(internet and email),
unlimited messaging, and tethering **

* If you exceed 200 MB of data, you’ll receive an additional 200MB of
data usage for $15, replenished as often as necessary during the billing
cycle.
** If you exceed 2 GB of data, you’ll receive an additional 1 GB of data
for only $10. Each time an additional 1 GB is used during a cycle, you
will automatically receive another 1 GB at the same low price.

This is the new TAP version. The old version was $30 a month for 5000 texts a month with unlimited data usage. I'm on the old version since I'm still a customer with them. It only applies to the new customers who join with AT&T.

I'll have to check my bill, but I think I'm on the $25 data plan now.

My mother heard on the radio that Verizon will provide it's service for iPhone G4 users next year. I think that it will be great!

My mother heard on the radio that Verizon will provide it's service for iPhone G4 users next year. I think that it will be great!

Verizon will not give special rate for deaf/HOH. Few of my friends have Verizon. I think they paid little bit over $60 on their Blackberry.

Recently, I called my friend who has BB from Verizon. He told me $60 include data/voice plan. No discount for deaf/HOH

If, you plan to buy Iphone at Verizon with 4G network. It may be add $10 more.

Verizon will not give special rate for deaf/HOH. Few of my friends have Verizon. I think they paid little bit over $60 on their Blackberry.

Recently, I called my friend who has BB from Verizon. He told me $60 include data/voice plan. No discount for deaf/HOH

If, you plan to buy Iphone at Verizon with 4G network. It may be add $10 more.

You are wrong.

I'm former Verizon customer and only paid $55 for unlimited data/text, no voice plan on my Droid.

Sorry, AT&T's TAP or Sprint Relay Store do not offer family plan.

I know few deaf wife/husband got two BB from Sprint Relay Store. No discount for 2nd cell phone. Still same price $30 each.

Back