Assimilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of silly question is that?

Right. Just a twist on the topic. Illegal acts are not the issue in assimmilation. Values, language, and traditions are the issue. Who are we to tell anyone that they cannot hold onto that which they consider valuable to their life and their identity?

I been gone again. Realize thread locked. Have to say the idea of assimilating into a new country is important. Don't know foreign immigration laws but am betting that most require assimilating into new countries cultures as part of of immigrating.
You sign up for it, thems the rules. Don't like it go home. Immigrating is a privilege: not an entitlement right.
All the other arguments are irrelevant.
I been down that long immigration road.

Here is the bold statement that Cowpuppy post. You can not assimilate people's cultures and religion unless the person want to change to make a new life for himself or herself. It is really hard to change the person's view and ways to make a good life. But everyone of us are different with our different cultures. You have to show respect for their cultures no matter how you see them.

Tell me you have been down that long immigration road. Are you sure you are a Special Agent? :hmm:

What is natural born American culture, exactly?

iPods? Tv? Fast food? Girls Gone Wild? Children with a sense of entitlement to their parents' discretionary funding? Low savings rate? Obesity?

curious.

iPods? Tv? Fast food? Girls Gone Wild? Children with a sense of entitlement to their parents' discretionary funding? Low savings rate? Obesity?

curious.

What ever it is, you better assimilate or get out!:lol:

What ever it is, you better assimilate or get out!:lol:

Well hey, someone capitalized on the burrito. Look at Taco John's. And the bagel, too! Einstein bros, Finagle a Bagel...let's not forget sushi and Chinese take-out. Pizzerias? Chicago, New York, LA...as long as it's gotta 'talyan ring to it, it sells!

We're bad at letting others assimilate. :( Gee, I sure miss the days of turkey and cornbread!:giggle:

Well hey, someone capitalized on the burrito. Look at Taco John's. And the bagel, too! Einstein bros, Finagle a Bagel...let's not forget sushi and Chinese take-out. Pizzerias? Chicago, New York, LA...as long as it's gotta 'talyan ring to it, it sells!

We're bad at letting others assimilate. :( Gee, I sure miss the days of turkey and cornbread!:giggle:

According to history, we are much better and forcing them to assimmilate.:cool2:

We do a better job of being accepting than most countries. because we are a melting pot of cultures.
Still. Our immigration does require a certain degree of assimilation. You are supposed to want to become an american in order to move here. You don't move here with the intention of not becoming an american. That's the way it's laid out.
It's one way of weeding out radicals, etc. And unpatriotics.
P.S. yes I am a Special Agent. Secret Agent.

Here is the bold statement that Cowpuppy post. You can not assimilate people's cultures and religion unless the person want to change to make a new life for himself or herself. It is really hard to change the person's view and ways to make a good life. But everyone of us are different with our different cultures. You have to show respect for their cultures no matter how you see them.

Tell me you have been down that long immigration road. Are you sure you are a Special Agent? :hmm:

We do a better job of being accepting than most countries. because we are a melting pot of cultures.
Still. Our immigration does require a certain degree of assimilation. You are supposed to want to become an american in order to move here. You don't move here with the intention of not becoming an american. That's the way it's laid out.

American citizenship is the goal. That does not mean that one must foreit their cultural values to become a citizen.

curious.

I read an article a friend linked to yesterday on Facebook, which claimed it was "capitalism, religion; the Constitution and entrepreneurialism", though it didn't claim in which was the last two were supposed to be interpreted, other than "not how Fareed Zakaria and Barack Obama interpret them".

American citizenship is the goal. That does not mean that one must foreit their cultural values to become a citizen.
No they don't have to forfiet. We celebrate diverse cultures. Referring to when they don't try to fit in. Actual anti-american. Plenty of mexican refuse to speak english. etc. no effort to assimilate. MONEY.

No they don't have to forfiet. We celebrate diverse cultures. Referring to when they don't try to fit in. Actual anti-american. Plenty of mexican refuse to speak english. etc. no effort to assimilate. MONEY.

That is forfeiture.

I agree with both of you on this one..smile..and YES Cowpuppy is in fact an undercover Secret Agent. My brother and I were out west coast just bumming around few years ago..smile and we met up with him. He is indeed a very Special Secret Agent. He was hard to spot but we were wearing our special
"Agent Identifier Glasses"...I still have the token he gave us, in case we ran into trouble on the road...sends out a silent signal to agents that are close.
Do you remember us Cowpuppy? grinning:wave:.....Midnight♥♥♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back