Assignment Help

LvASL24

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Amy and I am 24 years old. I am currently studying to become a sign language interpreter. I working on a class assignment that is is due next Monday. I need a deaf consumer's perspective on this scenario.

"You're an interpreter for a preschool class, and they do a lot of finger-painting, crafts and activites on the floor during the day. You typically wear casual clothes to work. At the end of the day, you get a call from a referral agency to see if you can run over to the hospital for an emergency. You're not appropriately dressed, but the agency assures you it's okay because it's an emergency".

Please respond.

:ty:

"You're an interpreter for a preschool class, and they do a lot of finger-painting, crafts and activites on the floor during the day. You typically wear casual clothes to work. At the end of the day, you get a call from a referral agency to see if you can run over to the hospital for an emergency. You're not appropriately dressed, but the agency assures you it's okay because it's an emergency".

As a DeafBlind consumer, I would prefer for my interpreter/intervenor to be appropiately dressed than arrive haphazardly dressed. How can I be taken seriously if my interpreter/intervenor isn't appropiately dressed?

I believe a clean change of clothes should be kept in the car and be ready for such an event so a quick change is done before the next appointment.

For the agency to dismiss dirty clothes is not appropiate, IMHO.

Back