ASL Wall Boards/Plaques

ryancher

Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone ever seen any wall boards/plaques with ASL?

I've seen lots of flash cards and such but I was looking for wall boards - I want to put them around the house to help all of us.

Any suggestions or places?

Just curious, has anyone ever seen any wall boards/plaques with ASL?

I've seen lots of flash cards and such but I was looking for wall boards - I want to put them around the house to help all of us.

Any suggestions or places?

Is there a teaching supply store around where you are?? Or maybe even on the web-- I'm considering doing the same thing for Adam-- (and ME!)

Update... try here-- this is just an example-- I looked up Classroom Decoration and found this. I haven't finished looking at it but it's a start...

http://www.homeroomteacher.com/signlanguage.aspx

Last edited:
Is there a teaching supply store around where you are?? Or maybe even on the web-- I'm considering doing the same thing for Adam-- (and ME!)

Thats a great suggestion. I am not sure where my aunt found it, but she gave us a placemat with the handsign alphabet for my daughter. She uses it every meal! My friend's mother found a poster for her room too at a teacher supply store. I had a smaller poster of common signs from an old "baby signs" VHS set I found at a yard sale. If family and friends know you are looking out you can find odd and end things at some interesting places. :hmm:

Thats a great suggestion. I am not sure where my aunt found it, but she gave us a placemat with the handsign alphabet for my daughter. She uses it every meal! My friend's mother found a poster for her room too at a teacher supply store. I had a smaller poster of common signs from an old "baby signs" VHS set I found at a yard sale. If family and friends know you are looking out you can find odd and end things at some interesting places. :hmm:

Yeah I found a bunch of different sites just googling the classroom supply/decoration-- and then searching sign language on the page-- even bulletin board border, etc... COOL STUFF-- :) :) I'm excited now to find some of this for Monkey boy!

DawnSignPress.com has TONS of stuff - honestly take a look !!

A good place to start is under their "Children's Section"
They have "First 100 signs" flash cards, Handshape flash cards, as well as "Sign Language for Children's Series" which include topics such as "around the home, animals, fun, opposites etc

The staff is very very helpful (many many of the people who work there are HOh/Deaf or have a child/spouse/sibling who is so they understand the products in a "first hand" way that bookstores, and most companies can't even begin to understand!

Back