ASL Student

spacedout17

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm a 26 year old student living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I started taking ASL 1 in the fall of 2012 to satisfy my foreign language credit at the University of North Texas. In all I will be taking 4 semesters of ASL, so far I love it. Having dyslexia, trying to learn any language is hard, but since ASL is visual it makes so much more since to me.

Little bit more about me, I am working towards my bachelors degree and my major is Technical Theater with focus in light design. I work 3 jobs and so I don't get much free time. When I do I like to hang out with my friends and read.

I would love to find some friends to Skype with and sign with them to keep practicing on my signing. If you don't use it you loose it as they say. If you are available and want to chat with me feel free to contact me.

Hey,

I'm a 26 year old student living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I started taking ASL 1 in the fall of 2012 to satisfy my foreign language credit at the University of North Texas. In all I will be taking 4 semesters of ASL, so far I love it. Having dyslexia, trying to learn any language is hard, but since ASL is visual it makes so much more since to me.

Little bit more about me, I am working towards my bachelors degree and my major is Technical Theater with focus in light design. I work 3 jobs and so I don't get much free time. When I do I like to hang out with my friends and read.

I would love to find some friends to Skype with and sign with them to keep practicing on my signing. If you don't use it you loose it as they say. If you are available and want to chat with me feel free to contact me.

you can find me on skype @ lukin slanský , been a while since I used ASL...

:welcome:

Have you thought about working/volunteer with deaf theatres, such as Panara's Theatre, Deaf West, National Theatre for the Deaf, and others? May be good way to combined your technical theater expertise and ASL. :)

:welcome:

Have you thought about working/volunteer with deaf theatres, such as Panara's Theatre, Deaf West, National Theatre for the Deaf, and others? May be good way to combined your technical theater expertise and ASL. :)

Had not thought of that. Great idea!!

Back