Asl student TAMPA FL

Madison813

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

Hello my name is Madison! New to asl and deaf culture would love to learn more and meet people. Tampa Fl anyone?;)

its not that people hate you... its that you didn't give anyone time to respond. You also didn't give much information about yourself, so some people may not know what to say. You can not effectively judge if people like you, are neutral to you or hate you with 4 posts.

Welcome to AD. :wave:

Wirelessly posted

Ahhh very good call! I don't know though, exploring this site I have seen many many negative comments about hearing people..... It's confusing me did we do something horrible? I am extremely interested, as i am hearing and starting my second semester minoring in ASL at the university of south florida! I love it! just trying to make new friends!:)

Wirelessly posted

Ahhh very good call! I don't know though, exploring this site I have seen many many negative comments about hearing people..... It's confusing me did we do something horrible? I am extremely interested, as i am hearing and starting my second semester minoring in ASL at the university of south florida! I love it! just trying to make new friends!:)

And again, the negative comments didn't explain what the problems were? that's weird - they're rather informative.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. If you are new to ASL and Deaf Culture, then you will learn a lot about us, Deafies and HOH (Hard Of Hearing) when we discuss or debate about what we think of hearing people trying to put us down or give us a hard time in the hearing world, like jobs. Most hearing people want us to be hearing like them. They need to learn how to accept us being deaf whether the hearing people like it or not. Either the hearing people don't understand us or just being ignorant. Simple as that. Next lesson? I love that. :D

Just relax. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back