ASL student - looking for practice

JSM71

Reaction score
Hi - I am an ASL student at our local Community College in Northwest NJ. I have always been fascinated by sign language and I have been using some signs with my niece and my students at school (they are 3 years old). I would really love to find someone to practice my ASL with and learn some more from someone fluent. I have looked for local signing clubs, but the closest is about 40 minutes away and just hard for me to get to. I would appreciate any help/suggestions that you could give.:ty:

Do you have a video phone?

If you have a video phone, I would be glad to sign with you.

Shane

Hi. I, too, am an asl student. I live on Long Island. I am in the interpreter program but I need all the practice I can get. Do you have a webcam? I would love to practice with you (or anyone who wants to).

THanks,
Julie

I am a student that is majoring in ASL. I am looking for people that are willing to hold a conversation with me. The problem is that I have a webcam, but the picture quality is not the best. I do not currently have the money to buy a new one, but if you are willing to communicate with me let me know. I have a skype account and have it listed under my contact info under my avatar pic. Let me know if you want to chat!!

Webcams

I think the webcams use H.323, which is the same protocol used by most video phones. So the webcam should connect a to a video phone just fine. If you want to try connecting a web cam to my video phone, just let me know.

My wife has a tablet pc that has a webcam. But I am thinking the screen is way too small for signing.

Shane

I have a cam and wouldn't mind practicing I am not a student but my signing is probably pretty close to your level. Maybe a little above so if you want to learn my AOL screen name is here otherwise message me.

Back