Asl Student help

DanielleR867

Reaction score
Hello. I'm in my second class of ASL and I love it, but I need some help with it. I've noticed that I always watch my teacher sign and I completely understand everything she's saying. The only thing is that when I try to form sentences, I find myself lost. I don't know how to form sentences in ASL structure. I find myself signing in English structure which I know is incorrect. I'd like to practice with somebody who knows how to form ASL structures sentences. I have Skype ! So if anybody will practice it will be much appreciated !!!

Danielle

Hello. I'm in my second class of ASL and I love it, but I need some help with it. I've noticed that I always watch my teacher sign and I completely understand everything she's saying. The only thing is that when I try to form sentences, I find myself lost. I don't know how to form sentences in ASL structure. I find myself signing in English structure which I know is incorrect. I'd like to practice with somebody who knows how to form ASL structures sentences. I have Skype ! So if anybody will practice it will be much appreciated !!!

Danielle

You need to study ASL gloss, in school they should teach you the correct way to format your sentences. if you haven't picked it up from watching your teach (most don't) then you need to study it so you better understand it. The best way is to think almost how cavemen are portrayed when they speak. Don't over-complicate sentences just because you know how to sign them: To, if, and, do, ect, using those are very specific. Hope that helps.

Back