-Semantics,
-classifiers (locative, social and conversational),
-metaphors
-honorific *his, her*,
-body leans
-NMM (non manual markers)
-NMS (non manual signals)
-pragmatics

I will check this one when i get home. you can say that i am at work again, its for overtime =( I love to see anyone using youtube in front of us to sign it to us. I had to post it here so i will find it through my post lists. =D

I will check this one when i get home. you can say that i am at work again, its for overtime =( I love to see anyone using youtube in front of us to sign it to us. I had to post it here so i will find it through my post lists. =D

Yes I always use YT, find ASL videos. I love them.

Awww, wish you wouldn't work so hard! :hug:

Yes, facial expression is VERY important. That is why I dont like SEE..no facial expression or if they are some, they dont make sense.

Yes, facial expression is VERY important. That is why I dont like SEE..no facial expression or if they are some, they dont make sense.

I agree that facial expression is important along with signing that makes sense. sometimes we can use facial expression without signing it. facial expresion that has words to tell you anything.

Like my boy did express his face while he held his remote control, and his facial expression was telling me that he didn't want something that i asked him. he's damn cutie when he does it. <--not relating with this thread. lol

Yes facial expression is a must. A number one thing in ASL, must must must use facial expression - NMS.

During my teacher training, I was required to observe two different teachers telling a story to young children with one using SEE and the other ASL.

ASL really captured and kept the attention of the young children because of the facial expressions while with SEE, the children seemed restless and fidgety. I even wanted to fall asleep watching it because there was no emotion involved.

During my teacher training, I was required to observe two different teachers telling a story to young children with one using SEE and the other ASL.

ASL really captured and kept the attention of the young children because of the facial expressions while with SEE, the children seemed restless and fidgety. I even wanted to fall asleep watching it because there was no emotion involved.
I'll never forget what happened one time when I was substitute interpreting at a public middle school. I was the teaming with the full-time school terp in an English class. The teacher was playing a recording of an Edgar Allen Poe story. The other terp and I were supposed to take turns interpreting the narration. I was terping more ASL, and the other terp was more English. After a few minutes back and forth, the deaf student actually put up her hand and shook her head at the other terp, indicating for her to stop. Then she pointed at me and signed, "you sign!" That was a rather awkward moment because I didn't want to usurp the staff terp. But she was gracious and told me to continue the whole story. Whew! I could see the face of the student become more engrossed in the story from that point on.

Yes, proper expression, classifiers, and directionality are crucial to story telling.

I'll never forget what happened one time when I was substitute interpreting at a public middle school. I was the teaming with the full-time school terp in an English class. The teacher was playing a recording of an Edgar Allen Poe story. The other terp and I were supposed to take turns interpreting the narration. I was terping more ASL, and the other terp was more English. After a few minutes back and forth, the deaf student actually put up her hand and shook her head at the other terp, indicating for her to stop. Then she pointed at me and signed, "you sign!" That was a rather awkward moment because I didn't want to usurp the staff terp. But she was gracious and told me to continue the whole story. Whew! I could see the face of the student become more engrossed in the story from that point on.

Yes, proper expression, classifiers, and directionality are crucial to story telling.

Yes Auntie.. yes.

I cannot emphasize this more. ASL is vital to almost everything; to do SEE is to almost akin to ask a Deaf person to read lips. Impossible!

Mrs. Bucket, that' s soo awesome! I love learning facial expressions. Thanks for the lesson:)

:lol: Yes. your demonstration is perfect. You are soooo good at showing how to sign like this. Especially i totally forget how guys gulp, signing by nuts in the bottom. lol. It's definitely worth it to watch by your excellent demonstrating of those lists you sign.

Back