ASL Interpreting career?

lee0923

Reaction score
Hello,

I am just about to wrap up my first ASL course at college. I took the course because I needed a humanity requirement for a liberal arts degree and learing this language was something I've always been interested in. Turns out, I really enjoy it!

Now, I am thinking about looking into the career of ASL Interpreter and attending NTID, since it is practically in my backyard!

Wondering if anyone here has taken these classes, either at NTID or elsewhere, or already is working in the field and can tell me how they like it?

Thanks!

:confused: Odd first post...

Haha, I've been a lurker for the past few days and I've been reading a lot. I've actually posted something but it seems like it needs to get approved by mods?

But anyway, what I was suggesting is for the question about how current interpreters like the field Bottesini because there are loads of threads about people discussing work, freelance vs staff, positions, salaries, difficulties, etc in the "Deaf Interests" sub-forum and "Captioning & Sign Language Interpreter" subforum specifically.

Nothing to see here...

Made this reply by accident...

..Move along..
--

Last edited:
BTW, your fist 10 posts need to go past mods first. :)

Back