ASL Group in Boston & Cambridge, MA

TalkASL-Boston

Reaction score
We're a group of people (deaf, hard-of-hearing and hearing) who meet several times a month to talk in ASL. We meet most often in Cambridge and Somerville, Massachusetts but can also meet in Boston, (Allston, Downtown, Back Bay) Brookline etc.

Our next gathering will be Saturday July 14 in Harvard Sq at the Au Bon Pain cafe, 1360 Mass. Ave. We'll get there at 10 AM and will be there for at least two hours.

We usually meet on Tuesdays or Wednesday in or near Porter or Davis Sq, from 7 to 9 PM, but we're flexible.

We have several members who are deaf and two who are hard of hearing, but the rest are hearing people with an interest in ASL. Most of us, including the hearing people, can sign at an Intermediate or higher level.

We'd love to get more people to join us, especially deaf native speakers of ASL. For more information you can go to MeetUp dot com and look there for information. Our address is The Cambridge American Sign Language Meetup Group (Cambridge, MA) - Meetup.com.

Our next meeting is Sunday, July 22

WHEN: 11 AM till about 1 AM
WHERE: 1100 Mass Ave. This is the Au Bon Pain between Harvard and Central Square. It is NOT the Au Bon Pain in Harvard Sq NOR the one in Central Sq. It is at the intersection of Mass Ave and Mt Auburn.

At our meeting last week, we had 1 deaf member, 1 hard-of-hearing member, and three hearing members show up. We invite all signers of ASL to come, but are especially interested in getting more deaf and native speakers of ASL to come. We all sign at least at the high intermediate level. We are not beginners, so you won't be bored.

Thanks,
William

There's an ASL meeting this Sunday in Somerville!

Yes, that's right but it depends on the weather... wait and see...
Hey, why don't we meet up there if the weather permits or next time? Let me know...

Yes, definitely! Although the weather is storming badly right now. But if we do end up following through is at Davis Sq. Orleans Restaurant and Bar 2:30 - 4:30PM..every Sunday. I've never gone to this one, so I don't know anyone. But I've been wanting to go! So let know if you can :)

Oh, shoot, I already have plans for tomorrow, which I forgot all about. Next time, OK? (I will be more than glad to introduce you to deaf people whom I know well... )
I apologize!

Yes, definitely! Although the weather is storming badly right now. But if we do end up following through is at Davis Sq. Orleans Restaurant and Bar 2:30 - 4:30PM..every Sunday. I've never gone to this one, so I don't know anyone. But I've been wanting to go! So let know if you can :)

Oh, shoot, I already have plans for tomorrow, which I forgot all about. Next time, OK? (I will be more than glad to introduce you to deaf people whom I know well... )
I apologize!

Ooo, more Boston area ADers!!! Ehh, it's SUPER SUPER COLD tomorrow and I don't feel confident attending any deaf socials until I have some basics of ASL down.

Back