ASL Expo 2008 Indiana

Harleydragon

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone is going to Indianapolis , Indiana for asl deaf expo on Oct. 11th , I have the link add to this thread for more information of where it is and hope to hear from anyone who is going , leave me private message , for those who can't leave private message try via email me . Thanks

ASL EXPO 2008 | Indianapolis, IN

FYI: I got word that last two ASL Expos in Greensboro (NC) and Orlando both were some big flop... too few booths (12 booths) and only a thousand attended Orlando expo... also had no shows, too. There is also a video clip by a guy who attended there so check it out at: DeafVIDEO.TV - Deaf Videos and Vlogs

I dropped going to Orlando but was so glad that I didn't attend. Friends, who attended last Sat., said that they were very disappointed.

Last time I went there last year and wasn't impressed by ASL Expo either. So did others who went to MD ASL Expo last year as well. I then decided not to attend any ASL Expos but will attend DeafNation Expos nearby only... they are far better than ASL Expo, no question.

So I don't know if it would be any difference for the ASL Expo in Indy this Oct.

FYI: I got word that last two ASL Expos in Greensboro (NC) and Orlando both were some big flop... too few booths (12 booths) and only a thousand attended Orlando expo... also had no shows, too. There is also a video clip by a guy who attended there so check it out at: DeafVIDEO.TV - Deaf Videos and Vlogs

I dropped going to Orlando but was so glad that I didn't attend. Friends, who attended last Sat., said that they were very disappointed.

Last time I went there last year and wasn't impressed by ASL Expo either. So did others who went to MD ASL Expo last year as well. I then decided not to attend any ASL Expos but will attend DeafNation Expos nearby only... they are far better than ASL Expo, no question.

So I don't know if it would be any difference for the ASL Expo in Indy this Oct.

Sorry to hear that for some people . Last year I had a blast there were at around 30 booths there I think I lost track of count and alot of people were there it was crowd since asl deaf expo was the first time ever had in Indy , So who knows about this year but I will go there any way there are some stuffs that I like to buy especially those vibe clocks and maybe get a blackberry . I"ve hear some says blackberry is better than sidekick but than again I'm still wondering which is best . I do hope this year would be good in Indy they sold alot of free shirts last year . I was lucky enough to get the tshirt I was the 20th person from the door that day .:laugh2:. So I guess not very many in here are going or either that no one here is from Indiana I dunno

Sorry to hear that for some people . Last year I had a blast there were at around 30 booths there I think I lost track of count and alot of people were there it was crowd since asl deaf expo was the first time ever had in Indy , So who knows about this year but I will go there any way there are some stuffs that I like to buy especially those vibe clocks and maybe get a blackberry . I"ve hear some says blackberry is better than sidekick but than again I'm still wondering which is best . I do hope this year would be good in Indy they sold alot of free shirts last year . I was lucky enough to get the tshirt I was the 20th person from the door that day .:laugh2:. So I guess not very many in here are going or either that no one here is from Indiana I dunno

Yeah, who knows if it does better in Indy where a large deaf community could be helpful... not sure about the booths. Last two events were bad... believe it had to do with one of coordinators who died in St. Augustine by a freak scooter or skateboard accident, maybe. Sad.

However, the DeafNation Expos are much better ones yet I don't understand why they chose Chicago every time since last few years bypassing Indy... Indy has more regional advantage than Chicago does thus more deafies have money unlike those in Chicago either. I was a Indiana native by the way. So one day I will remind and ask Joel to try Indy instead of Chicago when I have the chance.

It shouldn't stop you from going to the ASL Expo in Indy this time and hope that they offer for what you're looking for and have fun.

I went to Indy for ASL Expo last year ago in April 2007. :D I will not able to go this year. I have a surgery on Oct 7. I will stay in the hospital for inpatient. :( Hope you have a fun at ASL Expo on Oct 11. :)

Yeah, who knows if it does better in Indy where a large deaf community could be helpful... not sure about the booths. Last two events were bad... believe it had to do with one of coordinators who died in St. Augustine by a freak scooter or skateboard accident, maybe. Sad.

However, the DeafNation Expos are much better ones yet I don't understand why they chose Chicago every time since last few years bypassing Indy... Indy has more regional advantage than Chicago does thus more deafies have money unlike those in Chicago either. I was a Indiana native by the way. So one day I will remind and ask Joel to try Indy instead of Chicago when I have the chance.

It shouldn't stop you from going to the ASL Expo in Indy this time and hope that they offer for what you're looking for and have fun.

That would be great to have deaf nation expo in Indy I would love to see it since I've never been to deaf nation expo before that would be the first . Beside it was asl deaf expo first time in Indy last year that is why so many people showed up last year makes sense ha ??? So I'm sure they would be many more this year cause there is deaf school in Indianapolis so who knows time will tell . If Joel do make plans to have deaf nation expo do let me know for updates so I can make that plan also hopefully no bad weather doing that time lol . Keep in contact with me aobut it wont' you?

I went to Indy for ASL Expo last year ago in April 2007. :D I will not able to go this year. I have a surgery on Oct 7. I will stay in the hospital for inpatient. :( Hope you have a fun at ASL Expo on Oct 11. :)

Oh man so sorry you wont' be going I bet you wish they could have gotten different date for you to go or surgery whichever . I sure will try to enjoy it and let you know how ti went when I get back after visit to asl deaf expo . Maybe next year

I am going to St. Paul, MN's ASL EXPO. We do not get expo in our area often. Our choices are limited.

We want Deaf Nation to come to our city. I hope one day we can convict Deaf Nation to come to Minneapolis area. They offer far more services and sponsorship compared to ASL EXPO.

Wish ASL Expo will reconsider the $5 bucks admission fee. And pick location with free parking that can handle up to 1,000 cars. That what Deaf Nation do.... free parking, free admission fee. That how they are successful drawing a lot people to attend their expo.

I will going there on oct 11 I would like to meet deaf ppls who I know I been there at Indy Deaf Expo last year I had wonderful time there smile
Have a Wonderful Day!!!

Back