ASL Degree - HELP

sammiesweetheart

Reaction score
:hmm:

Okay so I am actually hearing, but I love the beautiful language of ASL and have been learning since I can remember.

And I want to get my degree in ASL but go to an online program.

I checked out Gallaudet and I really like them but you can only get college credits in learning ASL so you can transfer to another university.

I also checked out UNC and so far that school is perfect! They offer online with a summer session or you can do a on-site. But I have missed registration :(

I would love to be an interpreter for schools k-12 even though the pay is no where like if I were to be in the court system signing for them.

And I am also working on my music as an artist and would like to introduce american sign language to the world - because music isn't only for the hearing. :dance2: ;)

Anyone have any suggestions?

I am based in Colorado and as far as getting ASL degrees - it's pretty much narrowed down to just UNC and online degrees I cannot find ANYWHERE!

I am looking for either associates or bachlors.

#ASL_ROCKS

:ty: Sammie:ily:

Learning ASL online is useless. You need to be hands on with someone ..but thats my opinion.

Wirelessly posted

sammiesweetheart said:
:hmm:

Okay so I am actually hearing, but I love the beautiful language of ASL and have been learning since I can remember.

And I want to get my degree in ASL but go to an online program.

I checked out Gallaudet and I really like them but you can only get college credits in learning ASL so you can transfer to another university.

I also checked out UNC and so far that school is perfect! They offer online with a summer session or you can do a on-site. But I have missed registration :(

I would love to be an interpreter for schools k-12 even though the pay is no where like if I were to be in the court system signing for them.

And I am also working on my music as an artist and would like to introduce american sign language to the world - because music isn't only for the hearing. :dance2: ;)

Anyone have any suggestions?

I am based in Colorado and as far as getting ASL degrees - it's pretty much narrowed down to just UNC and online degrees I cannot find ANYWHERE!

I am looking for either associates or bachlors.

#ASL_ROCKS

:ty: Sammie:ily:

have you looked at CSUN?
that's where I'm lookin to transfer to, but I'm a So Cal girl...
somethin to look into...

Fresno State and Northride are your options in Calif. I think Chico as well but not positive. Im not sure about University of California Campuses.

Back