ASL classes please

gab1430

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can learn ASL online and at a low cost, please? This is new to me, I am kind of lost. Thanks

lifeprint.com is a site I went to. If you can check into your community college or make friends on her :) better to learn when your interacting

Does anyone know where i can learn ASL online and at a low cost, please? This is new to me, I am kind of lost. Thanks

Local community college is where I took mine. $150 for the course, book and CD included, you earn 3 credit hours and get a certificate as well upon completion. You will start with ASL I, then you will sign up for the more advance classes after you pass.

Local community college is where I took mine. $150 for the course, book and CD included, you earn 3 credit hours and get a certificate as well upon completion. You will start with ASL I, then you will sign up for the more advance classes after you pass.

Is the CD involved ASL or captioned to help the signers understand the hand signals? Or is that for hearing people to hear what the person is teaching you on CD? :hmm:

The CD is silent, all ASL, it is so you can "read" what they are signing. example is:
The person will ask a question and you practice asking the same question, then you answer the question (in ASL form) , then you continue and see if you are correct. It is an interactive CD you use in the computer with exercises. The workbook has pictures and written questions as well in case you cant follow and to also refresh yourself. Answers are in the back of the book but advised in class not to use unless as a last resort. Its fun especially when you start getting into stuff like baby, child, adult, aunt uncle, cousin..ect...House, school, church. Then you have the "past/present/future" and directions. Im still lost with number, especially higher counting. Theres a lot of stuff covered, and its like a crash course, fast paced... If only I could practice more it would help greatly.

it also covers giving and receiving directions and just about everything basic...like being in Kindergarten...lol

I just learned that my niece who is sophmore, and took ASL class at her school for free. I wonder maybe you need to check with teachers who teach ASL at high school and see if they can give you the better deal than what college offers with pretty expensive $$

OR meet someone who is an ASL user then hang out with someone that you will pick up ASL faster.

Westwood ASL - Welcome!

$5 per module. It is cheap and it works! Be prepared to be challenged. He teaches completely in ASL. No vocab lists. He teaches you that ASL is NOT signed English. I am learning so much I highly suggest this site. Rob Nielson is the instructor and he has 3 degrees in ASL and teaches it at a high school level. Hope this helps. :)

Back