ASL book recommendation?

nonpareilpearl

Reaction score
I am looking to improve more with ASL, and although my partner recommended the Vista series it is expensive. I was wondering if anyone knew of another series that is cheaper, or where to buy the Vista series cheaper than $70/book? Thanks for any input :)

Wish i had suggestion for you. I'm still waiting for Berlitz to release an ASL educational program. They offer sooo many other languages that most people (IMO) don't encounter on an everyday basis. Haitian Creole? Bengali? Dari? Now that ain't right.:crazy:

I found a good book that had a lot of great info and ASL signs is called... talking with your hands listening with your eyes, by Gabriel Grayson. Its a great book to check out, maybe it will be what your looking for.

I am looking to improve more with ASL, and although my partner recommended the Vista series it is expensive. I was wondering if anyone knew of another series that is cheaper, or where to buy the Vista series cheaper than $70/book? Thanks for any input :)

The SN series may be available for loan from your local library, local deaf centre, or in some places a Disability Organization / Services centre might also have copies to loan out temporarily. You might want to check that out as an option !

I found a good book that had a lot of great info and ASL signs is called... talking with your hands listening with your eyes, by Gabriel Grayson. Its a great book to check out, maybe it will be what your looking for.

I have this one too. :) Obviously it doesn't have everything, but I've been finding it really helpful.

Back