Ask Me Anything

Neostrategos

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Web designer, developer, all around internet marketer here.

Started going through some of these threads to answer questions but found it too cumbersome to figure which had answers and which didn't. Figured that those still looking for answers would be back and looking.

In any case, ask me anything and I'll help however I can.

About Me: Designed/developed roughly 30 websites, worked for a variety of clients ranging from small local to those with a national presence. Used to work for a internet marketing company, presently freelancing. Experience with html/css/php/javascript, joomla, wordpress, cms made simple, SEO, link building, social media and email marketing.

Hmm, I guess I'll go first.

What are the best methods to promote your goods over the internet?

I'm looking to increase my conversion rate and maximizing profits.

I've been selling goods on Amazon/eBay on the side and I'm in the process of getting a website up as well. The thing is with Amazon/eBay, there are no advertising or promoting required, you just simply add the product and throw in a brief description and you're done. They do the rest of the job for you.

But it's a different story once you open a business website. Word of mouth is not enough to get the customers' attention. Also, promoting a deal would be difficult to do so because hardly any one will know about it unless I promote them via some kind of internet marketing methods.

So far, I've learned basic (KEYWORD: basic) SEO, internet marketing (white hat and black hat), social media, Google Base, etc. but haven't gone deep into the subject since I have a real job to take care of and it requires a lot of my time.

Any advice(s) or suggestion(s) are appreciated.

Back