Ask me anything...

Hey there, David -

What do you want in life?

What is one thing that you have an sentimental attachment to?

Wow. Are you happy to use ASL instead of Oral? Can you speak very well?

I am glad that you know ASL.

If I had someone to sign with/to, then I would much rather use ASL. However, everyone in my family, all my friends, etc. are all hearing. Yes, I can speak very well.

I lost my hearing at age two by eating blackberries that were not ripe. That caused a stomach virus, which in turn caused a 106 degree fever. That fever, according to my father, caused me to lose all vital signs. I was revived in the hospital. My parents realized my hearing loss four years later, at the age of six.

:jaw: Wow, David. That's some experience.

Hey there, David -

What do you want in life?

What is one thing that you have an sentimental attachment to?

Hi, Jolie. What I want most in life is for my kids to be safe, happy, and healthy. There are other things I want in life, but nothing as important as my kids. I also want to find a wonderful, intelligent lady to spend the rest of my life with. I also want to finish school and find a successful career.

The most important thing that had sentimental for me was a motivational card from my cousin, who is a professor at Tulane. He sent this card to me when I was in the hospital over 20 years ago. I spent a month in the hospital. My first wife, knowing how much this card meant to me, destroyed it and discarded it. I let her think that this action didn't bother me at all. To this day, she still believes that.

If one of those Deaf children; are not you considering to get them cochlear implants ?

Hi :wave:

If you could change anything about your past, would you?
What are your hobbies?

Nope. Nope. Nope. Do you?

hey buddy, this isnt an ask dead money thread now is it?

but since you asked, i'm the 7th child of Odin, a well respected viking god, and well educated in the deadly form of hand-to hand combat. I had a fully grown beard at age 6, and drank the blood of my enemies before i reached puberty. Instead of baseball games and hotdogs, i pillaged and plundered every walking community that came into my path. If i didnt have a double sided ax stained in dried crusty blood by nightfall, i was savagly beaten and left to sleep with the wolves. So what do you think?

Hi :wave:

If you could change anything about your past, would you?
What are your hobbies?

Yes, I would. The first thing I would change is I would hire an actual family lawyer for my divorce, rather than a friend of the family who was a labor lawyer.

My hobbies are AllDeaf.com, camping, hunting, fishing, etc.

Back