Ask JClarke Anything...

Have you had a roo steak?

Nope, and that would be the aboriginal way for these people to eat roo steak, but they still sell them at the food store.. for me, naw..

I was going to ask you if you have been to Ayre Rock but I just found out that Ayre Rock is in Uluru. That means you have been to Ayre Rock.

I have never been to Australia. What would you advise someone coming to visit Australia? It can be words that you use but we don't. Or some animals we have to watch out for. Or food/plant that we shouldn't eat, etc.

I was going to ask you if you have been to Ayre Rock but I just found out that Ayre Rock is in Uluru. That means you have been to Ayre Rock.

I have never been to Australia. What would you advise someone coming to visit Australia? It can be words that you use but we don't. Or some animals we have to watch out for. Or food/plant that we shouldn't eat, etc.

Mate, as I have mentioned earlier, I have not been to Ayres Rock before, but I plan to, one day! :D

If you come to Australia, Sydney is the first city you should visit before you head furthermore, it has everything you want to see.. but when you do a roadtrip or whatever that excites you, you better be careful with kangaroos! Well, there is australian slangs we use to like "G'day, mate - how you doin'?" That is the usual one, but you can see some slangs out of me whenever I post around the forum, I use them a lot. Like, one of my friend from america has learnt a lot of new things from me and you will be learning a lot from me, soon enough! ;)

Why should I be careful of kangaroos? I know kangaroo can scratch with their fore paws. Would they do anything to the car if I stay in the car?

Why should I be careful of kangaroos? I know kangaroo can scratch with their fore paws. Would they do anything to the car if I stay in the car?

Kangaroos can be founds sitting in the middle of the roads at night, and hop around on roads, while they are looking for food, and if you were driving on the road and see a kangaroo in the middle of the road, it would cause an accident inbetween - you can imgaine that.. kangaroo can cause serious damage to your car. It has caused one of my friend's car one night last year.

Oic .... same as deers around here too that we have to be careful driving on roads.

Kangaroos can be founds sitting in the middle of the roads at night, and hop around on roads, while they are looking for food, and if you were driving on the road and see a kangaroo in the middle of the road, it would cause an accident inbetween - you can imgaine that.. kangaroo can cause serious damage to your car. It has caused one of my friend's car one night last year.

Do alligators get run over in the southern states (USA)??? If so, does it messed up the car bad? I knew from my ex that there are alligator crossings and the waiting for an alligator can be long.

Ha ha ... I used to live in Clearwater, FL for 20 yrs and have never seen alligators.

Do alligators get run over in the southern states (USA)??? If so, does it messed up the car bad? I knew from my ex that there are alligator crossings and the waiting for an alligator can be long.

Did you know that some states in AUS ban the use of electronic collars on dogs?

There is some field trials in AUS in the QLD area - if you had a HRCH-level dog- would you go compete in them?

Do you make frequent trips to the bottle shop?

Why is that all the non-perishable foods over there are tinned and not canned? ;)

Whats your favorite drink?

Whats your favorite footy team? (I personally like Manchester U)

Theres only one place in AUS that gets cold enough to snow...... I had a friend go up there about a month ago, the first time she had seen snow in her entire life. But I think she is from around Perth if I remember correctly.

Did you know that some states in AUS ban the use of electronic collars on dogs?

Yes, I know, these states have banned these electronic collars on dogs, they are declared animal cruetly.

There is some field trials in AUS in the QLD area - if you had a HRCH-level dog- would you go compete in them?

Mind defining what HRCH stands for?

Do you make frequent trips to the bottle shop?

I don't drink much, so not frequently, only rarely, I guess.

Why is that all the non-perishable foods over there are tinned and not canned? ;)

No Idea ;)

Whats your favorite drink?

I have too many, but what sort of drinks are you curious of? Achocol? Soft drinks? But for now, coco- cola ;)

Whats your favorite footy team? (I personally like Manchester U)

Depends, on the 'football' which would be 'soccer' = is Australia ;)

Do you love to snow ski or water ski? ;)

Actually, I have never skiied or water skiied.. but one day, definitely ;)

Theres only one place in AUS that gets cold enough to snow...... I had a friend go up there about a month ago, the first time she had seen snow in her entire life. But I think she is from around Perth if I remember correctly.

The snowfeilds must be located whether in VIC moutains or Mt Presiher Blue in Southern West NSW. In NSW, the business is booming as they have over 2 meters deep of snow :lol:

HRCH stands for Hunting Retriever Champion it is a UKC title and is considered a 'finished retriever'. I personally think they would contend fairly well in the AUS Field Trials. I may PM you a link to a You Tube video of a Finished Retriever Test. BUT the thing is, its primarily a HUNT test - testing how well a dog can work in close heavy cover and open water on a typical duck or goose hunt. The AKC does Field Trials and are primarily testing the dogs marking abilities and responses to the handler. (if Im spouting out too much jargon, let me know mate.)

Also one other question - I believe your signature says "I Think You're Awesome" in sign language is this AUS Sign Language?

HRCH stands for Hunting Retriever Champion it is a UKC title and is considered a 'finished retriever'. I personally think they would contend fairly well in the AUS Field Trials. I may PM you a link to a You Tube video of a Finished Retriever Test. BUT the thing is, its primarily a HUNT test - testing how well a dog can work in close heavy cover and open water on a typical duck or goose hunt. The AKC does Field Trials and are primarily testing the dogs marking abilities and responses to the handler. (if Im spouting out too much jargon, let me know mate.)

Ahh, I understand and the answer would be no, because I don't have the interest for my own dog to do the HRCH trails ;)

Also one other question - I believe your signature says "I Think You're Awesome" in sign language is this AUS Sign Language?

Are you referring to my signature below? If yes, actually it is a japanese anime which I like, nothing to do with sign language or I might be misunderstood you, perhaps?

I honestly thought you had found some japenese anime and strung them together to form a phrase in sign, lol. My apologies. Dont worry mate - Im having to amend my own as there is a certain oopsy on mine that I did not realize until it was pointed out in another thread.

I honestly thought you had found some japenese anime and strung them together to form a phrase in sign, lol. My apologies. Dont worry mate - Im having to amend my own as there is a certain oopsy on mine that I did not realize until it was pointed out in another thread.

I have the love of japanese animes, one of the favourites is "Love Hina" they're great animations!

No worries, just a confusion, but I find it funny as it would seem like it was translated in sign language :lol:

Yeah, I noticed that, someone has pointed out the error. ;)

I like Anime too, but my only exposure to it is the Avatar: The Last Airbender series. I have one or two anime drawings, but I do need to improve. I like the high end animated shows that really show the artist's abilities to mimic true human movement but also show his creative side as well.

Heres a drawing I did back in the winter - Ive done more since then but this is the only one on photobucket.
2006-12-31022.jpg

It was only partially finished when the photo was taken, it is now completed and now I need to post a finished work of it as well. ;)

I like Anime too, but my only exposure to it is the Avatar: The Last Airbender series. I have one or two anime drawings, but I do need to improve. I like the high end animated shows that really show the artist's abilities to mimic true human movement but also show his creative side as well.

Heres a drawing I did back in the winter - Ive done more since then but this is the only one on photobucket.
2006-12-31022.jpg

It was only partially finished when the photo was taken, it is now completed and now I need to post a finished work of it as well. ;)

That pic looks good on a cramped book :lol: yet, excellent work, Dixie :)

:bump: I am back from vacation....

Next question, please!

Back