Ask deaf people here

Liza

Reaction score
Since there was a thread about asking people with hearing, so why not there be a thread asking people with any degree of deafness?

Ask away. :D

I'm deaf. I think 90 in my left and 120 in my right... :dunno:

I am profoundly Deaf. I am not sure accurately of my hearing degree.

LOL...I think she wants questions. Lesseee...

So, Liza...how does it make you feel when you have someone "try" to help you but the "help" is unnecessary and in some ways, insulting? For example...went to the store today - they single-bagged a lot of my canned goods, and the bag broke while being transferred into a shopping cart. I asked the woman for another bag. The cashier said to her, "You have to listen to her..." (this particular cashier knows me since I go to that store often.) Then when the transaction was over and she was handing me my change...she said, "Have....a....good....day." UGH.

By the way, I'm deaf, too...I do have the CI, so I'll say I have selective hearing at times. ;)

Can deaf people have sex? How do they enjoy sex if they cant hear moaning?

:Oops: sorry I misunderstood Liza's post. Thanks for the example Malfygirly!

At work, someone at the counter had questions regarding to payroll then my co-worker warned them that I'm deaf. I said, but I can talk, ya know? Like you and I have all year long! :) She got a little embarrassed. Anyhow, I turned around and dealt with the person with no problem. If I want to let them know I can tell them myself. :roll:

I'm profoundly deaf, but not sure what exact number it is but it is at least 90.

I'm profoundly deaf.

About 90-100 in my left ear, and 120 in my right ear.

Hold on, hold on... most of you misunderstood my question. Malfoyish is quite correct with her example. Thanks to some who caught on, too. ;)

I just didnt want to stick with the old, old... labels, ya know? I want to treat people as they are-- people, with something that they do have; hearing or deafness, however much they may have it. I think it's sort of misleading to say hearing people and deaf people, like they're two completely different species.

I'll edit my question now, so hopefully I dont keep getting hearing loss status. :fingersx:

Ahh, for some reason I cant edit my original question... *sigh*

So, anyone with curiousity about the lifestyles, beliefs, background or some random stuff about those with deafness may ask in this thread.

Please, please dont post your hearing loss status anymore. LOL Thanks, though.

Meg said:
Can deaf people have sex? How do they enjoy sex if they cant hear moaning?

LOL. I showed my husband that, and he rolled his eyes.. although I know you were being sarcastic. He's hearing, so I wanted to show him how some people were like (not you, hehe).

Malfoyish said:
LOL...I think she wants questions. Lesseee...

So, Liza...how does it make you feel when you have someone "try" to help you but the "help" is unnecessary and in some ways, insulting? For example...went to the store today - they single-bagged a lot of my canned goods, and the bag broke while being transferred into a shopping cart. I asked the woman for another bag. The cashier said to her, "You have to listen to her..." (this particular cashier knows me since I go to that store often.) Then when the transaction was over and she was handing me my change...she said, "Have....a....good....day." UGH.

By the way, I'm deaf, too...I do have the CI, so I'll say I have selective hearing at times. ;)

LOL... how silly some people can be, huh? I usually get the STARE. The kind that a deer does when headlights suddenly come out of nowhere. It can't be that I'm THAT drop dead beautiful, that people would give me that reaction. LOL

I guess some people need more exposure.... of mace.. *hisss*

JK. ;) LOL

Katzie said:
:Oops: sorry I misunderstood Liza's post. Thanks for the example Malfygirly!

At work, someone at the counter had questions regarding to payroll then my co-worker warned them that I'm deaf. I said, but I can talk, ya know? Like you and I have all year long! :) She got a little embarrassed. Anyhow, I turned around and dealt with the person with no problem. If I want to let them know I can tell them myself. :roll:

Oh, you tell her, girl! LOL
Sheesh, hate it when people do that... maybe YOU should warn others about that lady that she is hearing... (and crazy)?

Liza said:
Oh, you tell her, girl! LOL
Sheesh, hate it when people do that... maybe YOU should warn others about that lady that she is hearing... (and crazy)?
I like the way you think! :dance:

Correct me their opnions.. Feel pity you being Deafness.. I don't like their comments turns me off for every minutes.. I can do albities(sp) anything. People's thinks :roll:
I feel sorry for hearing people doesn't know how communcation deal with Disbitlies. How can I react think about them ? :roll:

WHOOPS! Well... /me vows to read everything before replying. I have to say that being deaf at times sucks especially when no one understands it. But like Malfoyish said... selective hearing at times is great :P

Back