Ashley's CI surgery

Is there any brand of battery that last longer or are they pretty much the same? I need to start thinking about this stuff. Surgery is Monday !!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ashley's surgery went well. :dance2: :dance2: We are back home now. Will write more later with a few pics. Thanks for the well wishes.

Ashley is doing great. Her surgery follow-up went well. Her doc was impressed at how she was doing. She has NO swelling. Her activation date was finally set. We go in on April 5th in the morning. I am getting so excited to get her started with her new hearing. Her incision looks great too. You can't even see it unless you look for it. They did such a good job. She is nearly bald and they shaved a little of her hair. Maybe it will help it grow right there. Who knows.

Ashley has started to meet and pass some of her therapy goals. She is doing so well. I can't wait to see if it will make a difference once her Ci is activated. We go Friday to the deaf-blind school for a meeting to see what services they have for us. Ashley has also been released by another eye doc. He said she is looking good and he doesn't need to see her unless there is a problem. Now we are down to one eye doc from three. Yea!!!! Sorry I just wanted to share my news.

Now we are down to one eye doc from three
WOW! and I thought I had a complicated medical history.....But that's wonderful! Isn't it great crossing off the doctors on the list?
Hopefully Ashely will be able to go to the deaf blind school for preschool and kindergarten. Ask if they offer part time classes, in case you want to do a split placement sort of deal. Like even if Ashley is doing better then most of the students there, you could say that you wanted her to get a good foundation and or training in skills (eg Braille and Sign) not available at the Local Public School.

Yep it is the school in Hampton. They have been going over some things with us. Friday we will find out more.

Is there any brand of battery that last longer or are they pretty much the same?...

If I'm not mistaken, they will give you a bunch for Ashley's new processor.

Generally speaking, they are all pretty much the same. Since that seems to be the case, go for the cheapest you can buy. Go with Zenipower from Microbattery.

Ashley has started to meet and pass some of her therapy goals. She is doing so well. I can't wait to see if it will make a difference once her Ci is activated. We go Friday to the deaf-blind school for a meeting to see what services they have for us. Ashley has also been released by another eye doc. He said she is looking good and he doesn't need to see her unless there is a problem. Now we are down to one eye doc from three. Yea!!!! Sorry I just wanted to share my news.

That's wonderful! She is certainly a little battler that one :)

In regard to batteries I've been very happy with Zenipower, it's cheap but appears to give the same results as Powerone for me. I buy mine online as well.

Thanks. I hope we get enough batteries to get us through a while. Just happened to think about that. It was one of the million thoughts I was having the weekend before surgery.

If memory serves correctly, didnt you decide to get the BTE Freedom for her? If so, I believe they coem with a rechargeable battery. When Lilly had her second CI activated, they gave us a little NIMD rechargeable battery pack that fits in the BTE battery holder, and a little charger for it.

Glad to hear everything went well with Ashley! In the beginning i used to have the CI department at the hospital order them for me and charge my insurance. The Audi told me to try it, sometimes the insurance dosent catch it and they pay for them. It was nice for a while, they would be shipped right to my front door. Well too bad it did'nt last...lol, but it worked for a while.

Back