Ashley's Activation

ashleysmommy

Reaction score
Everything went very good today. Ashley had what we think a few responses to sound. She would open her eyes and cut toward the sound. She was also very still. She is never still. She got sleepy and took a cat nap while I learned about her processor. She woke up and we pinned it on. Her audi made some sounds and she got still again. Her eyes would open and she cut toward the sound. This is a very good sign. We are hopeful but will be able to tell more as we go along. She has another session in 2 weeks. We can't wait. She was such a good girl. She only pulled the magnet off a couple of times, so far. I am sure that will be a battle for a while. Thanks to everyone. I am sure I will have a whole new set of questions to bug you all with.

That is exciting! Hopefully she'll get some speech perception as well.

Everything went very good today. Ashley had what we think a few responses to sound. She would open her eyes and cut toward the sound. She was also very still. She is never still. She got sleepy and took a cat nap while I learned about her processor. She woke up and we pinned it on. Her audi made some sounds and she got still again. Her eyes would open and she cut toward the sound. This is a very good sign. We are hopeful but will be able to tell more as we go along. She has another session in 2 weeks. We can't wait. She was such a good girl. She only pulled the magnet off a couple of times, so far. I am sure that will be a battle for a while. Thanks to everyone. I am sure I will have a whole new set of questions to bug you all with.

Awesomeness!!! WTG Ashley! :]

Great! Happy for you and your daughter...wishes you both the very best as you go through this together in the days ahead-- ;)

~RR

That is great. I bet you were so happy when you got up this morning. You wait for this day, and it is finally here! I'm sure she will get very used to the magnet. Victoria still pulls it off, but not that much and only when she is tired (or annoyed at something). Enjoy this time!!

Enjoy the exciting journey ahead of u. :)

Thanks everyone. She seems to be doing fine so far. This was too easy. I am waiting for the honeymoon to end. She had speech this afternoon and still showed the same signs when we played some of her toys. She gets still and opens her eyes up and cuts them to the side. She grinned a couple of times again too. It is so exciting.

I'm glad her activation went well! It's great that she had any kind of responce so soon. Like Shel said, it will be a exciting journey from here on.:)

Thanks everyone. She seems to be doing fine so far. This was too easy. I am waiting for the honeymoon to end. She had speech this afternoon and still showed the same signs when we played some of her toys. She gets still and opens her eyes up and cuts them to the side. She grinned a couple of times again too. It is so exciting.

Wow, that is an excellent start. :) Usually many parents report that the child doesn't seem to register anything to be begin with, since they usually start children off much lower and softer.

I was really surprised. She is super sensitive though and that could be the reason she reacts more. She started to cry when I bumped up her volume this morning. I had to go back down. She is doing good still only pulling her magnet off a few times. If I can sneak it on she doesn't notice and goes on her way. I am having a hard time with her in the car seat and playing on the floor. She rubs it off rolling around. Any suggestions?

I was really surprised. She is super sensitive though and that could be the reason she reacts more. She started to cry when I bumped up her volume this morning. I had to go back down. She is doing good still only pulling her magnet off a few times. If I can sneak it on she doesn't notice and goes on her way. I am having a hard time with her in the car seat and playing on the floor. She rubs it off rolling around. Any suggestions?

This is just WONDERFUL for you daughter! I am learning all about CI and about other people. Perhaps distracting her to play something else, eventually she will catch on. Keep us posted. Suzi

Does anyone have any suggestions how to keep the magnet on better. It falls off real easy. It has a good pull when I put it on but she is very active and when she is in her car seat and plays on the floor it falls off very easy. I find myself putting it back on every few seconds it seems. Please help !!!

Guess not. Oh well. I have played around with it a little and it stays on a little better. Very little but better.

I wish I have some suggestions...one of my students has the same problem. Her CI keeps falling off and there are times I cant keep on telling her to put it back on. I have no idea what her audiologist suggested but something about her not being able to get a stronger magnet.

Maybe put a clip on it ?

Back