Ashley Madison's hacked list available

Experts report as many as 400 pastors, deacons, elders and church staff members will resign this Sunday after their names surfaced on the list of users revealed in the Ashley Madison hack.Writing for Christianity Today, Ed Stetzer, the executive director of LifeWay Research, and a well-regarded expert on church leadership, reports:

Based on my conversations with leaders from several denominations in the U.S. and Canada, I estimate that at least 400 church leaders (pastors, elders, staff, deacons, etc.) will be resigning Sunday.

This is a significant moment of embarrassment for the church—and it should be. The fallout from the Ashley Madison hack has been troubling for many users, particularly religious conservatives.

Family values advocate and serial child molester Josh Duggar was but one high-profile conservative Christian exposed as a user of the infamous website for individuals interested in arranging extramarital affairs.In addition to Duggar, another high profile conservative Christian caught in the Ashley Madison storm was Christian YouTube star Sam Rader.However, the shame of hypocrisy is not reserved for Christian conservatives only.

Friendly Atheist reports Hamza Tzortzis, a Muslim apologist and lecturer for the Islamic Education and Research Academy was also a user of the Ashley Madison site.While there is a great deal of schadenfreude in seeing pompous “holier than thou” religious figures being exposed as hypocrites, we must nt lose sight of the fact that the Ashley Madison hack was a crime placing many private citizens at risk.

The hack and release of such sensitive and personal information raises real concerns about the right to privacy, and the morality of “outing” individuals for their private behavior in the bedroom.

Former congressman Barney Frank, speaking with Bill Maher on Real Time about the the right to privacy in the context of outing of gay politicians, made the following comment:

There’s a right to privacy. But the right to privacy should not be a right to hypocrisy. People who want to demonize other people shouldn’t then be able to go home and close the door, and do it themselves.

Frank’s analysis seems fair and just. People who are paid to stand up every Sunday and preach to the flock that adultery is a sin, while at the same time using a web site to cheat on their spouse, are hypocrites and legitimate targets for outing, and probably should resign.

Bottom line: Practice what you preach. Or better yet, don’t preach at all.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...expected-to-resign-after-ashley-madison-hack/

To what church are you refering?

Liking that quote..."Practice What You Preach....or Don't Preach at All".

In other words, dont strive to be better then what you are , or strive to be a better person, if you fail at it,shut up, and never try again..
Roll eyes...
Just because people fail from living up to what they believe doesnt mean they shoulld stop believing, or even preaching..
It only means people we are human, and fail all the tme, in all sorts of things...ones belief doesnt change that.
No kiddin

To what church are you refering?
The article (not RR) didn't specify any church so I am wondering if is referring to all religions that fall under the "Christianity" umbrella- Catholic, Episcopalian, Lutheran, LDS, Baptist etc).

Ah yep.. affecting several if not all denominations that fall under Christianity...

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/0...sed-at-least-400-hypocritical-church-leaders/

In a post written for Christianity Today, Stetzer claims he based the number off of conversations he has had with several denominations since the Ashley Madison scandals began to snowball, calling the revelations an “embarrassment for the church.”
Based on my conversations with leaders from several denominations in the U.S. and Canada, I estimate that at least 400 church leaders (pastors, elders, staff, deacons, etc.) will be resigning Sunday. This is a significant moment of embarrassment for the church—and it should be. To be honest, the number of pastors and church leaders on Ashley Madison is much lower than the number of those looking to have an affair.

Last edited:
I've also read that many of the names used for accounts are fake, so I wouldn't get too excited about any names listed without secondary authentication. :giggle:

Just read where it's not Biden, but it's his son.....:roll:

Just read where it's not Biden, but it's his son.....:roll:
whoa... Makes me wonder now just how many of the emails are of dead people..

(whoops just googled-- Biden does have another son who is alive).

Still though...

Experts report as many as 400 pastors, deacons, elders and church staff members will resign this Sunday after their names surfaced on the list of users revealed in the Ashley Madison hack.Writing for Christianity Today, Ed Stetzer, the executive director of LifeWay Research, and a well-regarded expert on church leadership, reports:

Based on my conversations with leaders from several denominations in the U.S. and Canada, I estimate that at least 400 church leaders (pastors, elders, staff, deacons, etc.) will be resigning Sunday.

This is a significant moment of embarrassment for the church—and it should be. The fallout from the Ashley Madison hack has been troubling for many users, particularly religious conservatives.

Family values advocate and serial child molester Josh Duggar was but one high-profile conservative Christian exposed as a user of the infamous website for individuals interested in arranging extramarital affairs.In addition to Duggar, another high profile conservative Christian caught in the Ashley Madison storm was Christian YouTube star Sam Rader.However, the shame of hypocrisy is not reserved for Christian conservatives only.

Friendly Atheist reports Hamza Tzortzis, a Muslim apologist and lecturer for the Islamic Education and Research Academy was also a user of the Ashley Madison site.While there is a great deal of schadenfreude in seeing pompous “holier than thou” religious figures being exposed as hypocrites, we must nt lose sight of the fact that the Ashley Madison hack was a crime placing many private citizens at risk.

The hack and release of such sensitive and personal information raises real concerns about the right to privacy, and the morality of “outing” individuals for their private behavior in the bedroom.

Former congressman Barney Frank, speaking with Bill Maher on Real Time about the the right to privacy in the context of outing of gay politicians, made the following comment:

There’s a right to privacy. But the right to privacy should not be a right to hypocrisy. People who want to demonize other people shouldn’t then be able to go home and close the door, and do it themselves.

Frank’s analysis seems fair and just. People who are paid to stand up every Sunday and preach to the flock that adultery is a sin, while at the same time using a web site to cheat on their spouse, are hypocrites and legitimate targets for outing, and probably should resign.

Bottom line: Practice what you preach. Or better yet, don’t preach at all.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...expected-to-resign-after-ashley-madison-hack/

Another perfect example of why I dont do the church thing. Too much hyppcrisy. Cant stand it when people use religion to tell others that they are bad but yet do something like this themselves. Makes me have no respect for people like them.

However, as for the scandals stemming from that site....karma bites.

Yeah....karma....
It comes....(signs circle)
Around..

Back