As an adult, which would you choose?

Which of the following would you choose?

• HA to match skin color with normal earmolds?

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • HA to match skin color with colored earmolds?

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Colored HA with normal earmolds?

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Colored HA with colored earmolds?

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Helidore1983

Reaction score
I am 23, almost 24, and am getting ready to get BTE hearing aids. I like to make a statement with my glasses, clothes, etc, and think it would be fun and unique to have colored hearing aids and earmolds. Custom ear plugs, hearing protection & in ear monitors :: Westone has some great earmold colors, which are interesting to me, and my good audiologist has some Unitron HA's that come in some nice colors (which is what he recommended for me). I think it would also be helpful because if I clean them and set them down for a second, it will be easier to find them because of the unique color. What are your thoughts on this? I have a poll here for you to answer, and give me feedback. Also if you want, include what type and color hearing aids you have, and or if you could get colored ones, which color would you get?

I voted for HA to match skin color with normal earmolds.

I am not interested in 'colorful' HAs or molds.. I am shy so I don't like getting attention with colorful HAs.. not my style.

HA to match skin color and use normal earmolds.

yikes too many choices, I can't chose!! I wish I could have all. hmm maybe I will :)

Fuzzy

Honestly, leave the colors for kids (believe me), concentrating on your hair color would be more appropriate for you.

I voted the same as the others - I always match my CI/HAs to hair colour and skin colour because I'm not that type of person who needs to make a statement in the way I dress generally. However, I think it's great that the range exists for those who are that way inclined :) More power to you!

You could get a colorful hearing aid and normal mold. If you decide later you would like a colorful mold you could do that later as you will have to replace the molds periodically.

Colorful HA, colorful CI. But then, my hair is not, uh, hair-colored. Still, even when my hair was au natural, I wore brightly colored hearing aids. (The colorful molds, though, I haven't. Thought about it, but even as a programmer, there's only so far I can push this 'professionalism' thing.)

Colorful CI...but I chose black CI because well it goes with EVERYTHING...too bad they do not have bright pink CIs...they only have light pink and I don't like light pink, LOL! I do decorate my CIs with those sticker earrings that little kids wear...I have a pink star on my CI coil right now LOL. I like to be fun. I don't like to be boring!

And I have a shit ton of hearing aid stickers that my audiologist gave me for free! :D

I am not ashamed of being deaf and I am not ashamed of having a CI. :)

I vote: HA to match skin color with normal earmolds?

I would if I have HA.

COLORED HAs and COLORED earmolds.
Here's my thinking.................EVERYONE gets cool colored glasses right? There's even designer glasses out there. Why be boring? I mean if you get beige colored, you'd just look like an old lady.
Lucia, you know those stick on rhinestone thingys, you can get at Clair's? Put them on your CI. Makes them look really cool.
Oh, and for my next set of aids, I'm gonna get glow in the dark molds so I can find them when I lose them under beds and stuff.
You can also get sparkle............Man, I ENVY kids these days. I would have KILLED for purple aids back in the day!

DD, I could have used those molds when I still wore my hearing aid as I tended to lose it a lot. I think when I go to my audi for my next mapping, I'll have the hearing aid readjusted for my right ear and I'll request that an earmold like the one you mentioned be made for me.

Oh wow . . .

I didn't think of using the glow-in-the-dark earmolds for in case I lose them under the bed or need them at night. What a great idea!!! I might have to get a pair of those after all . . . . :)

Colors colors colors! I used to have purple hearing aids when I was a kid... and colored molds. bright orange or green molds with purple HA's, haha. But then the school audiologist decided I was allergic to colored molds so she started ordering neutral molds. Blah. I currently have a brown hearing aid, but I wish I had gotten another color.... at least my earmold is red! :)

I have always been neutral in colors. I always got beige hearing aid with a clear mold, even my CI is beige with caps to match my hair color. I am bold with my hair colors and the way I dress, I don't feel that my ears need to make a statement too.

I have clear (see thru) digital hearing aids with regular earmolds. That's just good enough for me.

Last edited:
I prefer simple skin-colored hearing aids. They're behind-the-ear so people won't really notice. If you got something that was a different color, that would probably be like saying... "Hey, everyone... look at me... I'm deaf!"

Of course, you could get blue. But it wouldn't look good with your black outfit. You could go with red, but it wouldn't look good with your orange outfit. :)

My bte ha's are the same color as my hair, but the piping and earmolds are clear.

Back