Arizona to Secede?

Well, lets just pretend your NOT ignorant for the time being. Explain how Cartels do not use an unsecure border.

Dear Steinhauer...so much to learn and so little time to learn it.:D

They probably take in more than they give to the feds.

Doubtful. Almost no state receives more than it gives. Texas pays in way more than it gets in return. We are 49th out of 50 in that ratio.

Dear Steinhauer...so much to learn and so little time to learn it.:D

Then why waste time with this comment.....now there is less time. If you have knowledge on the subject.....share

Doubtful. Almost no state receives more than it gives. Texas pays in way more than it gets in return. We are 49th out of 50 in that ratio.
What's your source for that information?

One thing I can think of is a lot of highways would never be built or maintained without federal dollars.

What's your source for that information?

One thing I can think of is a lot of highways would never be built or maintained without federal dollars.

Doubtful comes from common sense. The federal government is not like costco.......no savings by pooling. Texas could build it's roads on it's own. Problem is the rich states are also paying to build roads accross the big empty states too.

Stat comes from local news (TV)

Doubtful comes from common sense. The federal government is not like costco.......no savings by pooling. Texas could build it's roads on it's own. Problem is the rich states are also paying to build roads accross the big empty states too.

Stat comes from local news (TV)

Well, have Texas secede and keep the oil to themselves, and sell to outlying states, get the money and keep the highways and roads well maintained without federal dollars. Might be enough for the federal govt to crap in their pants over that.

Well, have Texas secede and keep the oil to themselves, and sell to outlying states, get the money and keep the highways and roads well maintained without federal dollars. Might be enough for the federal govt to crap in their pants over that.

good luck.... especially Deepwater Horizon and damaged oil rigs from Hurricane Katrina. Imagine that under Texas secession.

Why would they try to get the Cartels to disrupt the Union?
you have many to learn, my pupil. I highly recommend you to take Latin American studies. It was a very enlightening experience for me. This is why things like "Texas Board Passes Social Studies Curriculum" and "Arizona gov. signs bill targeting ethnic studies" are an EPIC FAIL! This is why you don't know much.

Aren't they passing stricter immigration laws to prevent Cartels from influencing their states?
some states have stricter state drug laws. so how's that coming for them?

Isn't the "Union" already using cartels to disrupt individual States by neglecting to enforce immigration law?
um... the states are responsible for their own drug enforcement. they're falling in it as well.

Texas is a self sufficient State .... with nuclear capability.
which the state has no control over because the nuclear weapon control, password, etc. are solely at President's control. Should Texas choose to secede, Texas will have to surrender all federally-funded properties... like nukes back to feds.

If not - well good luck dealing with federal government's special forces. Hope its National Guards stand a chance.

you have many to learn, my pupil. I highly recommend you to take Latin American studies. It was a very enlightening experience for me. This is why things like "Texas Board Passes Social Studies Curriculum" and "Arizona gov. signs bill targeting ethnic studies" are an EPIC FAIL! This is why you don't know much.

some states have stricter state drug laws. so how's that coming for them?

um... the states are responsible for their own drug enforcement. they're falling in it as well.

which the state has no control over because the nuclear weapon control, password, etc. are solely at President's control. Should Texas choose to secede, Texas will have to surrender all federally-funded properties... like nukes back to feds.

If not - well good luck dealing with federal government's special forces. Hope its National Guards stand a chance.

I think Texans would probably say .... come and get them.

Pantex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and exactly how are Texans going to come up with fund to run it? along with maintaining highways & roads? and enforcing its own immigration policy?

like I said - good luck! :wave:

Things you probably didn't know about Texas ....

Texas Secede!

Q: Are any organizations promoting a Texas secession? [BACK TO TOP]
A:

Yes. The following organized efforts exist for informing and unifying Texans around the causes of independence and liberty:

* Texas Nationalist (Texas Nationalist Movement - Working For An Independent Republic of Texas) (formerly Republic of Texas), (President, Daniel Miller), functional as of 2007
* TexasSecession (Texas Nationalist Movement - Working For An Independent Republic of Texas) 817-453-5744
* United Republic of Texas (United Republic of Texas) Yahoo Group: UtdRepTex, established 2005, functional as of 2007 (Combining the New Republic of Texas and Historical Republic of Texas) active as of 2008
* Texas Constitution 2000 calls on Texans to ratify a new constitution liberating Texas from the economic and statutory slavery of the U.S. government. Their website is Texas Constitution 2000 (TC2K)Home Page
* Republic of Texas (Republic of Texas Official Site) documents the annexation of Texas as a U.S. state as a having been a fraud in the first place, and reclaims the republic's sovereignty. Contact: trep777@dctexas.net
* Free Texas Constitution (freetexasconstitution.wordpress.com) aims to provide an outline for concepts to be incorporated in the new Constitution for the independent Republic of Texas.

Texas Secession Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh yeah ... and:

From The People of Texas

We Texans love y'all, but we'll have to take action if Obama wins
president over McCain. We'll miss you too.

Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the results. After seeing the whiners along the campaign route, the folks from Texas are considering taking matters into our hands.

Here is our solution:

#1: Elect Barak Obama President of the United States. (All 49 states.)

#2: George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic Of Texas.

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. (We will control the space industry.)

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry. (We have over 65% of it) The term "Don’t mess with Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about those northern states. John Kerry will figure a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, Etc, Etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world and other large health planning centers.

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: UT Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT, Texas Women's University, Ivy grows better in the south anyway

9. We have a ready supply of workers. (Just open the border when we need some)

10. We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army in 24 hours if we need it. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables and lets not forget seafood from the gulf. And everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic Of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama: Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only Mr. Kerry will be able to drive around in his 9 mile per gallon SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the space center in Houston will cut off your communications. You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes but since Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Signed, The People in Texas

Have a nice day!

Things you probably didn't know about Texas ....

Texas Secede!

Texas Secession Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh yeah ... and:

here's what you probably didn't know - money money money. Texas ain't got enough of it.

and just because Texas chose to secede doesn't mean everything in Texas belongs to them.

and there's nothing for me to know about some silly Texas Secession Movement because like your posts - it's silly. and it's amusing. I used to play this kind of pissing contest game when I was a kid.

here's what you probably didn't know - money money money. Texas ain't got enough of it.

and just because Texas chose to secede doesn't mean everything in Texas belongs to them.

and there's nothing for me to know about some silly Texas Secession Movement because like your posts - it's silly. and it's amusing. I used to play this kind of pissing contest game when I was a kid.

Oh, rather than refute it with facts .... ridicule it with scorn?

Connection please???

"Well, have Texas secede and keep the oil to themselves, and sell to outlying states, get the money and keep the highways and roads well maintained without federal dollars. Might be enough for the federal govt to crap in their pants over that."

Baloney. We're facing $18,000,000,000 shortfall and if we secede, we will end up with high state income tax. It would create economic instability.

Oh, rather than refute it with facts .... ridicule it with scorn?

Connection please???

from your post...

After Perry's comments received considerable attention and news coverage, Rasmussen Reports issued a poll and found that about 1 in 3 of those surveyed believed that Texas has the right to secede from the United States, although only 18% would support secession and 75% would oppose secession. In another poll, 60% of Texans surveyed opposed becoming an independent state. However, 48% of Texas Republicans surveyed supported it.

good to know that most Texans are sane and reasonable :wave:

btw - what facts? You've shown me none.

"Well, have Texas secede and keep the oil to themselves, and sell to outlying states, get the money and keep the highways and roads well maintained without federal dollars. Might be enough for the federal govt to crap in their pants over that."

Baloney. We're facing $18,000,000,000 shortfall and if we secede, we will end up with high state income tax. It would create economic instability.

Yes, but if 33 States secede along with Texas ... (there are plans to do so) what does that give everyone else?

Texas can't secede. Ever read the old books back on their annexation during the 1800's?
There's a book called "The Truth About Texas" by Anne Dingus (IHNW, IJLS "Anne Dingus") ISBN 0877192820.

Sums up the fact that Texas is no much more than the Quebec of USA.

TRUE Texas was an independent country.
TRUE Texas has the right to split into as many as 5 states.
FALSE Texas joined the US by treaty (it was an act of Congress)
FALSE Texas has the right to leave the Union

That was how it is, as seen in the past.
282qgbn.jpg

Back