Arizona Republicans Propose Bill That Would Not Allow Atheists To Graduate High Schoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid bill.

If I had to, I'd just say it and get the diploma.

But as an agnostic/athiest, I know it's just words really.

But this shouldn't happen in the first place.

Stupid bill.

If I had to, I'd just say it and get the diploma.

But as an agnostic/athiest, I know it's just words really.

But this shouldn't happen in the first place.

I agree, I wouldn't refuse to do it just on principle, because basically it's not that really important to me. Not much of a big deal, I wouldn't refuse to swear on the bible if I had to make a testimony in court or whatever. Sometimes you just got to roll with the punches and make other people happy, but this bill? dumb, so dumb.

I agree, I wouldn't refuse to do it just on principle, because basically it's not that really important to me. Not much of a big deal, I wouldn't refuse to swear on the bible if I had to make a testimony in court or whatever. Sometimes you just got to roll with the punches and make other people happy, but this bill? dumb, so dumb.

It is actually pure genius. This is a strategy play.....political chess. Don't take the bill at face value, think 2 or three moves ahead.

What is the point of the oath? What do they (those proposing the bill) think will be accomplished if it passes? What a waste of time and money.

He's free to express the view, even there are people don't agree and it isn't strong reaction.

I don't think that proposed bill will not going pass because the state government don't want to waste the taxpayer's expense for the court and all challenges.

I rather to live in Arizona over Alabama, seriously.

I know he is free to say what he want , but I wonder what he see interesting in it. And shame on the GOP , if it does go to court think of the taxpayers money that will be wasted on this. Jindal just made a statement saying
the GOP has to stop being the stupid party . This is so funny that the GOP come up with oath at same time Jindal call his party stupid.

What is the point of the oath? What do they (those proposing the bill) think will be accomplished if it passes? What a waste of time and money.

This bill is totally insane! It sure would give any students that hates going to school a good reason to drop out of high school. I guess that is one thing it would do. Most states are trying to keep kids in school so why the Hell would the GOP want keep kids from going to school if they do not take their oath .
The church has to be backing this up so if the bill did pass people that are atheists would have second thought about moving to Arizona . It looks like the GOP is trying find ways to win the next presidential election and came up with this insane idea , get rid of people that do not think like us and the most easiest way would do that would to go after people kids. The GOP think all atheists are Democrats and passing this bill would drive them out and made Arizona 100% a red state.

now, how about adding, Muslims not allowed to graduate in USA lol
that would piss Obama off
sorry i know its a silly suggestion, but its like, its trying to be Christians only university(s), or er, country, look it arent unique, look at Saudi Arabia, and Mecca they ahev freeways with Road signs saying "Non-muslims, Muslim only" no shit, and that's for the 500,000 daily visits to the Mecca on buses full of pilgrims to flock to the Mecca...

very very extreme that country is, so extreme that women not allowed to walk on paths by herself, have to be with a Muslim male, at all time, and veils on, not allowed to drive, only ONE women basketball team in the entire country, etc etc

its a bit like saying as we think Christians are getting extreme (they are) but, arent nothing compared to Muslims AND women are allowed to study and have jobs, walk on streets whever they go, we, (in the west) still have 1000x times more freedom...but yep, Christians are now getting worse, i

I THINK its (who said political chess btw?) can be seen in a different way, its more about ;saving christainity in the west, as a religion war in politics (and policy)in process, as you're seeing more Muslim travelling abroad to study in the Western universities (but why i ask, grrrr ).... its ilike 'we need to show we have more Christians here than you Muslims in our universities" ,,that i wonder....senseless yes, but thats fear of religion loss in the west i presume...thats all, hope i make some sense?

Everyone read this, right?

As written, the bill does not exempt atheist students or those of different faiths from the requirement, though Thorpe has pledged to amend the measure. “In that we had a tight deadline for dropping our bills, I was not able to update the language,” he wrote in an e-mail to the Arizona Republic. “Even though I want to encourage all of our students to understand and respect our Constitution and constitutional form of government, I do not want to create a requirement that students or parents may feel uncomfortable with.”

Those proposed bill, even updated one is waste of time, IMO.

I did and it contributed to me wondering about the real purpose of this bill and what they are hoping to accomplish.

simple - they're racist.

Sheriff Joe. Immigration Bill. Ethnic Studies ban. and now this.

This bill is totally insane! It sure would give any students that hates going to school a good reason to drop out of high school. I guess that is one thing it would do. Most states are trying to keep kids in school so why the Hell would the GOP want keep kids from going to school if they do not take their oath .
The church has to be backing this up so if the bill did pass people that are atheists would have second thought about moving to Arizona . It looks like the GOP is trying find ways to win the next presidential election and came up with this insane idea , get rid of people that do not think like us and the most easiest way would do that would to go after people kids. The GOP think all atheists are Democrats and passing this bill would drive them out and made Arizona 100% a red state.

In bold, it will not going happen and there are a lot of independent voters in Arizona, so they can fall in democrat's hand if they are unhappy with republicans, so same goes with democrats too.

Arizona has independent committee on redistricting and they use redistricting based on many factors, rather than gerrymandering, so I see the government in Arizona as better than in Alabama, even both of them are in GOP's hand, but Arizona has capable to turn into different party, depends on how government does their job.

It is actually pure genius. This is a strategy play.....political chess. Don't take the bill at face value, think 2 or three moves ahead.
Similar to jacking up gasoline prices, then lowering them a little. People get used to seeing $4 a gallon, then swarm to $3.50 a gallon. Lines form. "This is great!" A new threshold of acceptance begins...

Similar to jacking up gasoline prices, then lowering them a little. People get used to seeing $4 a gallon, then swarm to $3.50 a gallon. Lines form. "This is great!" A new threshold of acceptance begins...

Yes! Very much like that actually. Although there are other benefits as well I think.

I am from Arizona and oh boy....here we go again with shit from AZ. I am happy not to be living there anymore. My earliest memories of its political crap was voting no to making MLK a holiday u til we were threatened with no Superbowl in Tempe. Sighs

In bold, it will not going happen and there are a lot of independent voters in Arizona, so they can fall in democrat's hand if they are unhappy with republicans, so same goes with democrats too.

Arizona has independent committee on redistricting and they use redistricting based on many factors, rather than gerrymandering, so I see the government in Arizona as better than in Alabama, even both of them are in GOP's hand, but Arizona has capable to turn into different party, depends on how government does their job.

I did not say this was going to happen but from what I read on blogs a lot GOP think only Democrats are atheists at least the GOP that posted on news paper web site I use to post on. And I know there has to GOP that are atheists too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back