Are you man enough to date tall women?

I prefer taller woman, i found short women to be ill tempered, manipulative, picky and tend to have fragile egos, creating personality disorders and/or tendency to thrive on (eeek) relationship problems. They are also clingy which has alot to do with their attention-seeking tactics they employ. Tall women are more relaxed and if they dont like you they know they can find another man (or men) quickly so they tend to be upfront, that is not playing mind games or some other pathetic dysfunctional stunts.

:2c:

Sometimes it would help if you take a look at yourself first before you make a stereotypical post?

Height has no inclination on emotional status.

Anyone is inclined to their own emotions.

Ooops!! My wrong!! I saw your photograph in your avatar few years ago. I was imagined that you were a not tall woman! :shock:

Yes.....

Only if she plays basketball, tells me the weather daily and lets me to climb her to kiss her. :laugh2:

In my experience, its the tall women that are unwilling to date short(er) men, not the other way around. I suppose in the case of very tall women (like 6'4 and over), they might have trouble finding a man that is taller than they are, so will settle for a short(er) guy.

you are right,same in mine case

In my experience, its the tall women that are unwilling to date short(er) men, not the other way around. I suppose in the case of very tall women (like 6'4 and over), they might have trouble finding a man that is taller than they are, so will settle for a short(er) guy.

you are right,same in mine case

My daughter has decided that guys aren't worth her time and she says that she will remain single for the rest of her life. Then again, she's only 15. She can't find any guys that will accept her for her with all of her issues. (She has learning disabilities and she's tall.) She is now as of yesterday, 6'5". She grew the last inch since we moved to Florida 7 months ago. All the guys at church are scared of her height and want nothing to do with her.

wow! 15 years old and 6'5"??? don't worry. wait until college. plenty of better and taller guys there ;)

wow! 15 years old and 6'5"??? don't worry. wait until college. plenty of better and taller guys there ;)

Sadly - she won't be going to college. Her learning disabilites prevent her from even going farther than middle school level. We repeat grade yearly for her. She is currently doing grades 3-8 right now.

She has CAPD - Central Auditory Processing Disorder

Her brain cannot process the info that it gets in a way for her to understand and she has memory retention problems.

He is man enough to date a tall woman...
giant-tall-women-08.jpg

Sadly - she won't be going to college. Her learning disabilites prevent her from even going farther than middle school level. We repeat grade yearly for her. She is currently doing grades 3-8 right now.

She has CAPD - Central Auditory Processing Disorder

Her brain cannot process the info that it gets in a way for her to understand and she has memory retention problems.

oh?? hhhmmm... but not impossible!! right? I don't know much about this but with due diligence, it can be overcome yes?

oh?? hhhmmm... but not impossible!! right? I don't know much about this but with due diligence, it can be overcome yes?

I have heard of some with CAPD who have managed to make it without too many problems, but like a hearing loss, there are certain degrees of problems with CAPD, and sadly she has the majority of the problems. The child psychologist and all doctors have stated that we need to not push her, let her go at her own pace and see how it goes. They don't think she will ever get very far and she get very frustrated just trying.

She had an oxygen cut off at birth due to her size and one ear is not formed correctly.

I have heard of some with CAPD who have managed to make it without too many problems, but like a hearing loss, there are certain degrees of problems with CAPD, and sadly she has the majority of the problems. The child psychologist and all doctors have stated that we need to not push her, let her go at her own pace and see how it goes. They don't think she will ever get very far and she get very frustrated just trying.

She had an oxygen cut off at birth due to her size and one ear is not formed correctly.

I will hold a high hope for you and your daughter :grouphug:

as you know - lot of us who are born to hearing parents experience a similar situation. Many people didn't expect us deafies to succeed in life and they probably expected us to hold a menial job like sweeping floors just because we were born deaf. :nono: uh-uh-uh!!!!

Interesting topic... I think there is no general rule like 'one-size-fits-all' ;) I guess it is more about personal taste and preferences. It might as well go the other way round: Some tall man would not like the idea of dating a much shorter woman. I am 6'3" and I like when my partner is as tall as I am or nearly as tall (okay, high heels would do too :D).

I'm not trying to say that it is not difficult to be a tall woman, that's a completely diffrent issue. IMO there are two categories of disadvantage in being very tall: "environmental" and "social". While the first of the two is inconvenient for both men and women (e.g. too small sits on busses and planes, too low door frames and chandeliers or ridiculously inadequate choice of available sizes of shoes and clothes), the second one, "social", could be rather a problem for a woman (what was clearly described in the quote posted by sara1981), while it is regarded an obvious advantage when comes to men.

For some reason tall man are generally considered strong, handsome, calm, distinctive, noble etc. Of course it is not true and every one of us can probably think of at least several tall men who does not mach these criteria. On the contrary, tall men are often aggresive, proud, self-centered and they tend to demonstrate their lack of respect towards shorter people (like when they stand too close to them, looking down at them to make an impression and put'em off balance). I've met a lot of very tall guys during my volleyball player's 'career' and unfortunately in many cases this was exactly the way they were.

BUT, so far I can only praise the tall women I've met or dated. They are really gentle and sensitive and their height has nothing to do with their femininity. Again, there is no general rule, but I do agree with what was written above in the quoted article, about tall women being wrongly judged by their outward appearance. Tall women cannot be judged by the same criteria as tall men, who are supposed to be strong and masculine due to their height. Ultimately, femininity or masculinity is all about brain!

My daughter has decided that guys aren't worth her time and she says that she will remain single for the rest of her life. Then again, she's only 15. She can't find any guys that will accept her for her with all of her issues. (She has learning disabilities and she's tall.) She is now as of yesterday, 6'5". She grew the last inch since we moved to Florida 7 months ago. All the guys at church are scared of her height and want nothing to do with her.

There you go. Teenage boys are silly and insecure. Just wait until she turns 18. All she has to go do is go to a bar/club, on a Friday/Saturday night, sit by herself. If someone doesn't approach her, the entire night, I'd be surprised. Young women (18-35) own the dating scene so much its not even funny.

There you go. Teenage boys are silly and insecure. Just wait until she turns 18. All she has to go do is go to a bar/club, on a Friday/Saturday night, sit by herself. If someone doesn't approach her, the entire night, I'd be surprised. Young women (18-35) own the dating scene so much its not even funny.

She won't ever go to a bar or club - she's seen what can happen and witnessed my brother in a druinken stupor and says that's for "wussies"

Just curious is that your daughter in the pic???? If so is your hubby close to 8'?

Just curious is that your daughter in the pic???? If so is your hubby close to 8'?

That's an old picture. She was 12 in the picture. Hubby is 6'5", daughter is 6'5", son (14) is 6'1", I am 5'5" and my mother (in this picture) was 5'6". Mother shrunk a little and is now 5'5".

I will get some pictures taken tomorrow and then wait for film developing (yeah - ancient equipment) then uplad it as my avatar when I can.

Back