Are you environment-friendly?

Do you follow to put recycle things seperately for environment?

• Yes

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Can't be bother

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
coffeeeeman said:
>>P.S. American soliders stationed at Germany where I work are very interesting over enviroment... We trained them how to sort the cupboard, trash, plastic, glasses etc separately... They find it´s fanastic... & said that it´s shame that Unitied States of America didn´t do that :dunno:<<

I found it very hard at first to get use to the GErman Recycling laws, but once you get used to it you learn to appreciate it.

True, coffeeeman…
I’m agree that it’s hard for solider to learn German’s environment law… I can tell from their impression faces lol but I don’t blame them. I know how they feel because I do the same myself when I first move to live in Germany. It took me few months to familiar with environment law & loves it. The teacher at school taught the US children over environment… They like it very much…
:thumb:

Sweet_KJ said:
My hometown is big on recycling. We have three seperate "trash" bins. Black for garbage, Green for green waste, and Grey for Recycling. We have the smallest black bin, and the largest green and grey bins, so we recycle more than we throw away waste. Also we always reuse biogradeable stuff, like banana peels, used tea bags, and plant them in our garden... they make great fertizilers!

Do you mean compost?

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes, that’s right but I’m afraid that the condition what you mentioned belong the past since € conversation in 2001…

Liebling:)))- I know that the prices have changed, I was only speaking of my experiences "at that time" which was not to be interpreted as the current prices for the Pfand. :) I think it would be fabulous here in America, but problem is that the wages are too low in USA so the idea wouldn't be met with friendly reponse.

kuifje75 said:
Liebling:)))- I know that the prices have changed, I was only speaking of my experiences "at that time" which was not to be interpreted as the current prices for the Pfand. :) I think it would be fabulous here in America, but problem is that the wages are too low in USA so the idea wouldn't be met with friendly reponse.

Yeah, I know you speak of your experience during Deutsche Mark time... I only tell you what the thing have been changed since you left for your country... :thumb:
I understand what you talking about wage because it´s the same with here, too... We do all is care of deposit bottles to get refund on the same price... to keep the country clean... You would not lose the refund money if you return the undamaged bottles back to store.

I pull this old thread to add here for the newbies. :thumb:

Come and share your view with us :thumb:

It really doesn't matter, everything made from Earth, all trash made from Earth, so just cover the trash over with some dirt, and it'll be alright.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
It really doesn't matter, everything made from Earth, all trash made from Earth, so just cover the trash over with some dirt, and it'll be alright.

Are you serious?????????????????

:eek:

Garbage that does not compost can destroy the planet. That is why recycling is VERY important.

Covering trash with dirt does not make it go away entirely. It will leak into the ground and destroy.

I try, but the city dosent provide recycling recepticles for apt complexes... I dont know where else to put them...

katt.

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Wow, no wonder the ozone layer has a BIG FAT HOLE in it.

Good job!!

katt.

I dont recycle.Cause somethings are helping the rich when you recycle. Like cans of soda. When you recycle the can they charge you the same price over again the can you paid for over again. It should cost 45 cents for a soda then instead of 60 cents they charge you.

I have news for you guys:

Many garbage companies are now sorting the trash after hauling it from your home. The stuff that decomposes is buried and the stuff that won't decompose is recycled.

And if they aren't, they ought to start!

They can make a fortune selling recycleables and also by selling and/or refining the gases given off from the decomposition process.

I recycle and I live in an apt, I recycle glass, plastic, paper, cardboard, as long they're recyclable. They have a huge bin that I can throw all the recyclables in there, the garbage companies sort them out. The glasses goes in a seperate bin, though.

ravensteve1961 said:
I dont recycle.Cause somethings are helping the rich when you recycle. Like cans of soda. When you recycle the can they charge you the same price over again the can you paid for over again. It should cost 45 cents for a soda then instead of 60 cents they charge you.

Good grief. You're just polluting the poor Earth!

My company has a great recycling program. They even recycle used paper towels!!! On the walls, they have a list of things that can be recycled and not.

Raven, does does it cost you to recycle? You don't have to pay at all to recycle. Some companies will pay you if you return bottles or cans. That depends on the states, and which companies you bring your materials to.

The link you gave us about burning the garbage does not mean that we burn our own garbages. It means our garbages are brought to a burning facility and burnt for energy. The link you provided, still encourages recycling, because it is good to recycle reusable items such as aluminium, glass, paper, etc... If we burn them, it will just be a big mess and paper all gone. Then we have to cut down more trees. :greddy:

Well if you burn the garbage we wouldnt be in an engery crises. But nooooo you gotta depend on flip floping democrats who tax n spend to ask them for solutions.Reagan said this """ Government isnt the solution,,GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM!!!"""

I disagree with you, Raven. Burning garbage does NOT solve problem. We need some of the garbage that goes to recycling, and some that cannot be recycled that can be burned. I still think waste to energy plants are polluting to the earth, though they would be fitted with filters to prevent polluting the air, what's interesting is that Japan uses lot of waste to energy plants. I wonder how they do that method efficently without cutting lot of trees and using up resources.

Yes I recycle. I recycle all our household rubbish, I make compost for the garden, recycle cans bottles etc. I also only buy products that have recyclable packaging! I use environmentally friendly cleaning products etc. I am also a member of greenpeace. RavenSteve - did you know that burning rubbish releases terrible toxic chemicals into the atmosphere and contributes significantly to global warming? There are many waste products that are very, very toxic when burned. Miss P - Did you know that many waste products don't break down, and some do but but very slowly, and many release harmful chemicals as they break down? For example some kinds of disposable diapers can take longer than the child's whole lifetime right to old age and beyond to breakdown!

It is not just recycling, that is important to save our earth either...

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.

Reduce the ammount of garbage you generate.

Reuse items instead of throwing away things only used once, that could be useful for something else.

Recycle products to be made into new products, without draining further on natural resources.

:)

sequoias said:
I disagree with you, Raven. Burning garbage does NOT solve problem. We need some of the garbage that goes to recycling, and some that cannot be recycled that can be burned. I still think waste to energy plants are polluting to the earth, though they would be fitted with filters to prevent polluting the air, what's interesting is that Japan uses lot of waste to energy plants. I wonder how they do that method efficently without cutting lot of trees and using up resources.
What you think the wealthy billionares who own factories been doing for over 75 years? They been poluting the air and the DEMOCRATS Make the little people pay for the problems that the wealthy billionares did.

ravensteve1961 said:
What you think the wealthy billionares who own factories been doing for over 75 years? They been poluting the air and the DEMOCRATS Make the little people pay for the problems that the wealthy billionares did.

Tell that to the billioniares. I'm not worried because, we are citizens trying to do our best to keep the Earth clean by recycling. The factories today are nothing like in the past. Many new factories are driven by electric power, BUT power source could be used by coal, hydroelectric, nuclear, etc. Please don't start blaming politics all the time, there is no need discussing about it. We are talking about recycling, NOT politics. IN ALMOST every threads, you talk about politics in everything.

Back