Are you brake happy?

:squint: I m not! :P hate driving during winter on icy road urghh!

I hate to slide in the ice/snow,I would be fine if I can leave my brakes alone. :roll:

Yup, was like that when I had a manual stick tranny car. I love using clutch and downshifting with engine brake. I remmy I had worn brake pads and don't want to use brake to slow and stop car, I downshifts alot.

Catty

i always wonder.... doesn't that cause some wear and tear on engine? replacing brake pads are certainly lot cheaper than replacing engine......

I'm not brake happy, I just slow down before I stop with a little brake use sometimes. I wouldn't use brakes too much in snow and ice, just try to use it little as possible.

i always wonder.... doesn't that cause some wear and tear on engine? replacing brake pads are certainly lot cheaper than replacing engine......

I really don't think so, especially with manual shifting AS LONG AS you don't begin downshifting wayyyyy too early.

I really don't think so, especially with manual shifting AS LONG AS you don't begin downshifting wayyyyy too early.

Yeah of course...if you do that way too early, it will cause the car to slow down too fast and may cause wear and tear to the engine mounts or worse.

lol i've seen some video clips of idiots doing that. it was more than engine wear... they crashed!! what a douchebag :laugh2:

Jiro, do you use the clutch on your mc for braking assist?

Jiro, do you use the clutch on your mc for braking assist?

hell no. that is a very dangerous thing to do because you're balancing the bike yourself. beside.... MC is light anyway so brake pad doesn't wear off as fast as car. I just use rear brake to slow down and/or just release the gas and the engine will slow it down itself.

beside - your life's more important than skimping on cost of replacing braking pads when it comes to mc

Back