Are you afraid to fly?

Taylor said:
I will see what I can find. I feel your pain though as I'm trying to come up with a logo for the site I was telling you about previously. Let me see what I can find. Most of my pictures are from inside the plane looking out. Somewhere I have a great picture of a large jet landing at National that was taken from that park I was just referring to. Its a view from rear and you can see the gears and flaps down with exaust trails....Let me see if I can dig that up in one of these piles..LOL
Thanks. If you are unable to find it, then don't worry about it. Your effort is GREATLY appreciated. :)

I've never been on an aeroplane, I would like to one day! Just so that I can say Ive been on an aeroplane

Im a student so Im always walking to save money, but occassionally I can be really lazy and use taxis/buses

Vance said:
As my instructor said that to me once... 'if you want to get rid of your fears... get a parachute and fly with me'. So I did... clients, instructor and I got on airplane and climbed up to 20,000 feet and jumped off with parachute. Ever since that day, I no longer able to feel any fear when I ride in any form of motor-vehicles like airplanes or speedboats.

"Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself".

Edit: Oh yeah, I went parachuting two times in my lifetime.. and will do that some more in the future. I loved it.

Vance your full of shit! 20,000? first jump No way... the air is very thin up that high. not much oxygen. you'll suffer from Hypoxia (lack of oxygen to the brain) also due thin air its harder to controll self in feel fall.. you fall faster than you do at 10,000 feet. first time stdent jumps are done at 3000 feet, tandem skydives between 10,000 and 13,000 feet depending on aircraft the single engine cessna pistons just won't climb fast above 10,000 the turbines (jets) will. I seriosly doubt your claim of a 20,000 feet jump I have thousand of skydives most at 13,500 feet a dozen or so at 18,000 feet and 5 at 23,000 feet and those were special skydives on oxygen all way up and bailout bottles (pony bottles) oxygen once you go above 15,000 your asking for trouble if your not trained and KNOW what your doing!

ravensteve1961 said:
I am! Theres a lot of reasons i wont fly.10 years ago i flew for the first time. My hearing clooged bad and i got sick threw up on the plane i was terrified. Another reason is fear of arabs and 9-11.Another one is harrasing airport security. Youll feel like a criminal now when you go though them gates. Amtrak doesnt treat me like that. Amtrak treats me like a satisfied customer. No delays and no baggage lost. But only if amtrak build new hi speed trains it would be worth wild to travel again. Current trains can run up to 100MPH. We need a tran goes 150-200MPH to cut time travel in half right now from orlando to baltimore takes 17-20 hours I like to arrive in baltimore just under 12 hours. get on 9AM arrive at 9PM Auto train takes 16 hours to get there i like auto train take under 8 hours. Greyhound Bus takes 22 hours to get to baltimore.So how would you like to travel?

I love flying. It's fun. I don't like having LONG flight times. But an hour or two I wouldn't mind. The airport is another story, been delayed and what not before by 4 hours! YUCK!

Anyhow it's the train or the plane for me!

Ohh, I love love love to flying. I grew up flying back and forth from Labrador City to St. John's for Deaf school and go to hospital in Montreal almost every month since I was student. now not much so far, last time I was flying to New Bruswick in July 2004. My next flying will be on Saturday to Toronto. I am so so exciting.

I never never fear to flying.

Flying is #1 for me on the trip.

You guys are braver than me. Yikes !

mx757 said:
Vance your full of shit! 20,000? first jump No way... the air is very thin up that high. not much oxygen. you'll suffer from Hypoxia (lack of oxygen to the brain) also due thin air its harder to controll self in feel fall.. you fall faster than you do at 10,000 feet. first time stdent jumps are done at 3000 feet, tandem skydives between 10,000 and 13,000 feet depending on aircraft the single engine cessna pistons just won't climb fast above 10,000 the turbines (jets) will. I seriosly doubt your claim of a 20,000 feet jump I have thousand of skydives most at 13,500 feet a dozen or so at 18,000 feet and 5 at 23,000 feet and those were special skydives on oxygen all way up and bailout bottles (pony bottles) oxygen once you go above 15,000 your asking for trouble if your not trained and KNOW what your doing!

here's the best way to fly... yourself.

Attachments

• DSCN0041.JPG
    DSCN0041.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 6
  • mvb skydiving 012.jpg
    mvb skydiving 012.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
  • mvb skydiving 016.jpg
    mvb skydiving 016.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
mx757 said:
here's the best way to fly... yourself.

another way... in the Cessna

Attachments

• 39a2f6070d2f9cf8669b67a65b17aefc.jpg
    39a2f6070d2f9cf8669b67a65b17aefc.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 6
I fly all the time. First time I flew alone was 2yrs ago I was very nervous but after we took off it was fine. I never thought about it again, my only problem was I cant sit in the emergency row, and thats the best seat for tall people grrrr being 6"3 does have downfalls lol

I've been travelling on a plane since I was a baby.
I am not afraid to fly at all :)

Nope, I love to fly over the world!! and like to use any types of airplanes plus AirForce F-14 Tomcat

f-14b_020426-n-7340v-001.jpg

Awesome !!

Will you take me to Camp David area within 15 minutes
like a zoom !?!?!?

The F-14 Tom Cats have been retired. They are no longer operational.

Am I afraid of flying? Nope

I have been on the planes since I was kids. My parents uses to own a light plane and I use to go flying with them many times in it.

In a biggie plane? Oh yes about a dozen time. I have been in a jumbo jet many times to go to UK cos my hubby's family lives there. It is a very long flight from here, about 19 hrs. My hubby and I will be going there again in July and it is only two months to go. :)

Flying is best view between sky and land/ocean. I likes to fly again soon!

Afraid of flying

I haven't fown anywhere for 30 years. But next month I'm going to nevada to see my brother and in august I'm going to Colorado springs. I am afraid, but since I became deaf, overcoming my fears has become a daily thing. Fear of flying is just another thing that I know I can overcome.

No, I am not afraid to fly at all. I love flying! I normally fly two or three times a year, mostly go down to Southern California. I flew to east coast twice last year.

i love to fly.. the first time i flew on the Cessna when i was 12 yrs old.. it was so FUN.. then flying on the airplane as i went to NTID.. then flew to california then other time went to Oregon and to kansas City, MO.. it was fun! I will fly to Denver in July.. :D

Love flying when I was kid and my dad alway take me flying. Almost ride jet plane but dropped out due my dad has conflict and busy. (BUMMER)

Back