Are You A Comper ?

lloveparis

Reaction score
Morning Everyone.
Are you a comper..ie do you love to enter competitions ? l love it..before the pandemic l used to be a almost full time comper and won loads of things over the years. lv had to stop for a while because the pandemic hit hard companies being able to offer prizes, but they are offering them again so ll be doing a few today. There are quite a few people on the internet who do comping as a full time job and won really big prizes. The biggest prize iv won so far was a weekend holiday. My niece won a holiday to Ibzia and my Aunt won a house from her local newspaper comp ;). My husband enters comps as well but only for concert tickets..he's won a few over the years , some with back stage passes to meet the artitists + he once won a stero system. l like to enter for smaller prizes though as not many enter for those. if anyone wants tips on best way to win..l would says first only enter for things you really want as its a bother looking for people who want your unwanted prizes plus a waste of your time entering, Plus never pay for entering comps ie telephone comps, the chance of winning are very low. l dont pay to be in comp clubs , they find the same prize companies that l can find for myself on the internet for free. The biggest prizes as usually ones that are for slogans for company adverts..thats how my aunt won the house..so if you are good are making up jiggles, have a go. l would also recommend keeping a file of the comps you enter as some companies. email to say you have won but the prize gets lost in the post or is delayed..lv had a few times to chase up my prize. Have a go, its get fun waiting for the prize in the post. Here's a small list of what iv won over the years.
Weekend city hotel break , tickets to Pantomines, tickets to musical shows for my children, loads of kids toys, large box of beauty and make up products, cases of wine. lux choc hamper, kitchen ware, large box of picnic energy bars,garden seeds and plants, mother and baby show tickets (lots of free sample there)large box of children books..plus won cash prizes for letter writing to magazines.
let me know if you have ever won in a competition, id love to know .

You would laugh. Bear with me while I explain.

In trucking the mountains in some areas are infamous for being particularly dangerous and steep among other things. However in the days before computer anything, we had old natural breathing engines of somewhat big horse that could tame some of these mountains. Sometimes there is a truckstop up top or on the other side of the range.

The scenario is this. I am in a Cat equipped tractor pulling 80000 pounds upgrade and here comes another equally loaded but in a Detriot two cycle. Those old engines were known for some good performance. So he says to me on the radio "Here kitty kitty kitty" referring to my cat. First to the top gets a free meal and coffee. Another 4 miles to go.

So drop a gear and get that cat into high range and take on the detriot engine next to me. We'll see who buys that dinner and coffee.

Once in a while Johnny Law is up there sneaking about ready to write. But sometimes hes been cool when he hears that a meal and coffee was the stakes for that game.

Back