Are there any train lovers here?

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering. I love trains, and would like to find someone else who does.

I have been riding on Amtrak thousands, thousands of miles in my life. Done from East to West and vice-versa few times. I rather travel on rail than up in the air if I have time.

Yes, I have stopped at Amtrak Grand central in Chicago many times. Chicago is Amtrak's home hub.

You might want to ask Dr. Sheldon Cooper, BS, MA, PHD about this! Ha. Bazanga! Sheldon loves trains. Watch that program and he will talk about it every blue moon.

There are annual train shows not too far from where I live in which model trains are featured, not to mention Lego trains that actually work!

I'd love to get on a trip somewhere. Anywhere. Especially someone I haven't been. And have a buddy to share it with.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I'd love to get on a trip somewhere. Anywhere. Especially someone I haven't been. And have a buddy to share it with.

Well, if you have friends in other states, you can take an Amtrak train from Chicago Union Station to where you're going. That's exactly what I'll be doing this Friday.

Where are u heading?

Effingham, IL on the Illini from here and back. For future reference, the Illini are Trains #392 and #393. The one I am taking this Friday is #393. I will return on #392.

Last edited:
Ive been to the Train Museum here a few times, never ridden one except at Six Flags.

Well I never made it to the beach but I will probably head on a ride tomorrow.

Ive been to the Train Museum here a few times, never ridden one except at Six Flags.

You should try it. Buying a ticket for a train is much more cost effective than paying for fuel for a vehicle. A single ticket on my Metra line costs $3, but departing the station it's double because of ticket agents on duty.

Buying a ticket for a train is much more cost effective than paying for fuel for a vehicle.

One item to consider though is that on the train you're limited to where it can go. I agree that the subway and buses is much cheaper than driving your own vehicle. But what if you want to go beyond the rails? Chicago is a big city and it can get tiring walking around everywhere.

One item to consider though is that on the train you're limited to where it can go. I agree that the subway and buses is much cheaper than driving your own vehicle. But what if you want to go beyond the rails? Chicago is a big city and it can get tiring walking around everywhere.

Yes plus there's tons of waiting wherever you go. Wait for bus, wait for train..in any kind of weather. Rain, snow, sleet...heat...freezing...

Is the topic about loving trains or using as a main source of transportation, there is a difference between the 2 and so far it looks geared towards using as a main source of transportation and nothing about loving them as a hobby or history here.

You should try it. Buying a ticket for a train is much more cost effective than paying for fuel for a vehicle. A single ticket on my Metra line costs $3, but departing the station it's double because of ticket agents on duty.

Here, they just have machines, you walk up swipe card or insert cash and press a button, beep beep and out pops a ticket for whatever you choose for it to do, either round trip, one way,,,multi trains..ect...

Ive never used it but know a few who has... Id get lost and have to walk home...lol

Baby likes to rock it like a boogie woogie choo choo traaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnn ...
59504-imgur-the-simple-image-sharer-zVKr.gif

bicycle - https://www.divvybikes.com/

Back