Are Open Marriages More Successful Than Traditional Couplings?

I think he is talking about those who try to force their opinions on him not expressing their opinions.

Ohhh, if that's what he meant. I apologize.

Maybe you should follow your own advice. :roll:

People are entitled to their opinions, no matter how wrong they are. People need to stop whining about how opinions are being forced upon them because it isn't. People are saying their pieces and they just don't like to hear it, so they try to accuse them of forcing it upon them.

If they don't want to be disagreed with, they shouldn't had said something in the first place.

Where's the wahmbulance when you need one?

Banjo..What I was merely trying to state is...upon reading this thread...people have been giving their piece of what they believe in. Certain other folks are attacking other opinions by criticizing them telling them its wrong wrong and THEY are RIGHT RIGHT.

Think of it this way: Since you say if they don't want to be disagreed with..they shouldn't say anything...does this hold true for our voters who voted our elected officials? If we don't say anything..then the crooked/less experienced will win. If we say something and vote..then we have a right to defend our beliefs. Some people may be radical..while others will not.

I was just merely trying to say that every one has their own opinions. If the others don't like it..then they can't do anything about it. If you thought I was whining..then I apologize if you thought I was. I wasn't.

Banjo..What I was merely trying to state is...upon reading this thread...people have been giving their piece of what they believe in. Certain other folks are attacking other opinions by criticizing them telling them its wrong wrong and THEY are RIGHT RIGHT.

Think of it this way: Since you say if they don't want to be disagreed with..they shouldn't say anything...does this hold true for our voters who voted our elected officials? If we don't say anything..then the crooked/less experienced will win. If we say something and vote..then we have a right to defend our beliefs. Some people may be radical..while others will not.

I was just merely trying to say that every one has their own opinions. If the others don't like it..then they can't do anything about it. If you thought I was whining..then I apologize if you thought I was. I wasn't.

Yes, Shel pointed it out to me recently. I just didn't read it with a clear head at the moment.

Eeps. See what I got myself into when I don't pay attention carefully enough?

Glad you didn't take it the wrong way. Thanks!

Yes, Shel pointed it out to me recently. I just didn't read it with a clear head at the moment.

Eeps. See what I got myself into when I don't pay attention carefully enough?

Glad you didn't take it the wrong way. Thanks!

Hey its cool! We all have our brainfarts (I call em brainfarts after the movie GI Jane when the Corporal says to GI Jane "did you just have a brainfart?")

Hehehe its all good dude! :)

I understood her POVs for some reasons, and I don't think Reba was being judged on people. Just cos she simply asked. She just wondered about those questions on the idea of open marriage. Nobody is imposed any opinion on any one here.. I don't see any one claim they are right and others are wrong, either...

Well... Interestingly, how people react to those different opinions of another people have. While, with all due respect, here's what I hear you saying. Unless we must agree with you, you will not tolerate our view. Privately, you'll let us think whatever we want, but you don't want we to act as if my view is true. It seems you think tolerance is a virtue if and only if people agree with you.

Like Reba and cdaigle430 said, no one will change your mind or impose on you. We just critique on that open marriage. I don't know why you are so upset cos we are just not agree with that open marriage? Accusing us as judgemental ones? All right, I guess we should keep our words to ourselves and let you whatever the hell you want to say.

With that, I done with this thread. =/

.Well... Interestingly, how people react to those different opinions of another people have. While, with all due respect, here's what I hear you saying. Unless we must agree with you, you will not tolerate our view. Privately, you'll let us think whatever we want, but you don't want we to act as if my view is true. It seems you think tolerance is a virtue if and only if people agree with you. =/

Karissa - hmm..maybe I didn't word my sentences right. What I was trying to say is that I am open to any one's opinion. In fact..I WELCOME it. What I was trying to say is that I am acceptable to other opinions..but when other tries to FORCE their opinion on me..then that is when I have a problem. If folks rather do this in a certain way..but I disagree with it..depending on how well I know this person..I probably will say a little something but go no further. If you were a complete stranger to me..I would just state my opinion/views and be done with it. Maybe I would agree or take your opinions/views into serious consideration. I might even take a look from outside the box and see where I could improve/agree on.

My only problem is when folks TRY to force their opinions on me/others when I tell them that the conversation is over. Trust me..at my place of employment...there's lots and lots and lots of folks who force their personal opinions (not work related) on others and get PO'd if the others dont follow their opinions personally. I would get PO'd if some folks try to TELL me what I should be doing when I have a good head on these shoulders.

I understood her POVs for some reasons, and I don't think Reba was being judged on people. Just cos she simply asked. She just wondered about those questions on the idea of open marriage. Nobody is imposed any opinion on any one here.. I don't see any one claim they are right and others are wrong, either...

Well... Interestingly, how people react to those different opinions of another people have. While, with all due respect, here's what I hear you saying. Unless we must agree with you, you will not tolerate our view. Privately, you'll let us think whatever we want, but you don't want we to act as if my view is true. It seems you think tolerance is a virtue if and only if people agree with you.

Like Reba and cdaigle430 said, no one will change your mind or impose on you. We just critique on that open marriage. I don't know why you are so upset cos we are just not agree with that open marriage? Accusing us as judgemental ones? All right, I guess we should keep our words to ourselves and let you whatever the hell you want to say.

With that, I done with this thread. =/

Right on the money, seems like this thread is nothing but a blatant crusade to convert everyones marriage into an open/swingers type and if you don't agree with them your a biggot. Usually you get these type of things because those people want others to make them feel better about what they do especially when they are unsure of it. Next thing you will see crusades for humans to marry and have sex with animals, or marry and have sex with space aliens. Just because some country's/religions allow adults to marry and become intimate with children like 12 years old and under doesn't make it right just because they are entitled to there own beliefs. Humans are capable of making inhuman choices-I think that was why the law of marriage came to be in the first place-to provide some sort of guide.

I am done with this thread also....

Some of these comments are making me laugh. Sex with animals? Now, that's extreme! :lol:

Wow, we already are being condemned for having sex with space aliens?

But but but.... does this mean I can't have sex with Superman?

Wow, we already are being condemned for having sex with space aliens?

But but but.... does this mean I can't have sex with Superman?
sure you can. just don't get your hopes up. it looks like superman is having an identity crisis

IMO...
Gotta be careful I have heard of a few men who think they are poly so they can be with another woman but when he see's his wife with another man, he freaks out!

I think it's interesting.... it could give a divorce rate to go down.

Or go up!

yea, cuz even people who appear to be all moral and all that cheat on their spouses anyway.

Extactly! So why bother having a divorce when you can have open marriage....

IMO...if someone is sneaking around cheating I think its more than just a sexual issue, their are probably also deeper marital scares that need to be addressed and I don't know if making the marriage "open" will solve them.

And it could cause a spouse end up falling in love with an another person more than his/her lover. Is it worth?

It could cause a spouse to have an another person's baby instead of his/her love. Is it worth?

You could have a kind of disease from your spouse after she/he sleep with an another person and you unknownly sleep with your own lover. Is it worth?

Agreed!!

This is like opening pandora's box!

P.S. Not saying how anyone else should believe, just stating my opinion. :giggle:

Actually, it seems like sins themselves change over time too... what was a sin yesterday isn't a sin today and vice versa. Think about it.

I can think of plenty of examples where what was a sin yesterday isn't a sin today. I can't think of a single example of what was not a sin yesterday is a sin today. Can you?

Personally, I prefer monogamous relationship (married or not). Polyamory is better than polygamy. I just don't like double standards at all. I don't like it when one said to the other, I can fool around with others but you have to be faithful to me alone.

I suspect that one or both couple would still get hurt in a polyamory relationship. If they want to get into that kind of relationship, I hope they stock up condoms. They should use condoms both inside and outside the marriage, just to be on the safe side.

I agree, Buffalo....and what works for some people might not work for others....it's really nobody's business but their own.

I think that people who try open marriages are playing a dangerous game! because while they are trying to be open and enjoy other couples or other people what happens when one of the spouses decides that he or she likes some one else better, me persoanlly if I was married I cannot just share my wife like I would share candy because once another man has touched her I would see her as damaged goods and would not want nothing to do with her but be in the same room long enough to sign the divorce paper's!

What if a spouse meets someone at work or at a party and falls in love with that person even without having sex? The dangers of losing a spouse to someone else are there whether one has an open marriage or not. Love is a risky thing no matter what. That's why love hurts.

If people want to play around with other people outside of marriage then they should at least call it what it is. It is not "open marriage." It is adultery. They should also have no reason to expect their behavior to be accepted by their family, friends, and the mainstream of society.

Back