Are Mac computers under-powered and over-priced?

barnettgs

Reaction score
Hi Illustrator,

I didn't mean that to offense you but they seemed to be...

I don't know much about Apple/Mac computers but I have seen few apple/mac computers, they looked very attractive but they carry high price tags.

What makes you go for Mac rather than Windows?

Also I am wondering that are windows and Mac based computer runs on same components such as modem, graphic card etc? Because I never seen a normal pc (Designed to run Window) that run Apple/Mac operating system.

Last of all, is Apple and Mac the same?

I'm just want to know more about them! :)

That's a good question...

Mac is more for graphic design and movie-editing (see Star Wars Episode 2)

Windows is more on business and gaming.

I didn't mean that to offense you but they seemed to be...
That's fine with me as long as you are open-mind about computer...

I don't know much about Apple/Mac computers but I have seen few apple/mac computers, they looked very attractive but they carry high price tags.
Apple computer always come with higher quailty than other computer as someone did mention about Dell (for example) use cheaper drive and some many cheaper hardware part than you seem. That's why Apple have great quaity. Always.

What makes you go for Mac rather than Windows?
I prefer Mac because it offer iPhoto, iMovie, and great postscript, Apple offer that I can't refuse. Plus, I feel want to be live in simple than rather have annoying and waste my time.

Also I am wondering that are windows and Mac based computer runs on same components such as modem, graphic card etc? Because I never seen a normal pc (Designed to run Window) that run Apple/Mac operating system.
It's always different between Mac and Win. That's why the company, ATI, for example design the hardware for specfic Apple product to get it work than rather work on Windows. But, I don't bother to get any internal hardware to put in Apple computer since new Apple computer always include there. During my experience, when I had ATI video card (great one) for Windows, and it seem have bit bug. It keep bother me all the time which I have to install it no matter when I had to reformat the computer (Gateway, I used to own that one)

Last of all, is Apple and Mac the same?
Mac is the name of Operator System made by Apple, Inc.

I'm just want to know more about them! :)
Does it help you? I cannot guarrent the 100 true, but it's my own view.

Interesting...thanks. I understand better about them now. Yeah, I know windows based computer can never be 100% prefect even after you have sorted them out with correct drivers. I guess I will have to live with them but maybe to try out Linux or Mac in near future. ;)

Originally posted by illustrator
Mac is Operator System, understand?

better network

protect memory

crush-proof

and less-smell feet :o

It depends on the computer system.. PC has its benefits and so does Mac.

Pssstttt... you know what they say about assumers? Don't assume about Smellyfeet, ok? ;)

Originally posted by Freaky
It depends on the computer system.. PC has its benefits and so does Mac.

Let me clear you up... PC is a hardware as computer desktop or laptop. Mac is the Operator System as software. Therefore, you might prefer to call Win or Mac. Because Apple computer is also the PC.

And... Apple computer have over-quaity than giant PCs with Win does. The best thing if you own desktop to custom, more powerful and freedom, you get.

Apple has had a problem with Motorola (you know, the second rate cell phone company) updating their chips, so for a number of years, Macs have been behind the curve in speed. Wiith IBM making the new apple G5, thats a thing of the past.
The G5 arguably smokes every other desktop, but it certainly is top of the line.

As for price, there are a LOT of different ways to price a computer, so it really is difficult to make a fair comparison.
Macs are always built with high quality parts, and often with features that PC makers leave as 'options' which increase the price. (gigabit ethernet and IEEE 1934 are two examples. some pc makers also bizarrely have modems as an option) Macs also don't come in 'bargain basement' configurations like pcs do. For comparable computers and configurations, macs usually equal or slightly cheaper than PCs. The catch is that pcs come in MORE configurations, so if you want to nitpick on the parts, you can usually get it cheaper by removing components or getting cheaper crappy parts.

Not to mention the 'build-it yourself' camp that Apple doesn't have.

if you are happy with an 'ok' machine, then sure, a mac is overpriced. If you are looking for a quality machine, then a mac is very competitive.

It all depends on what you want.

Back