Are hospitals good workplaces for hard of hearing?

Clau

Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering doing my Social work internship in a Hospital...But not sure yet. Wondering how would be working at a hospital? Can you share your thoughts?

I have one daughter who is hard of hearing and an RN in a big city hospital.

She likes it very well.

I am a janitor in an emergency department and severe hearing loss. The staff are great and understand that most I can't hear and they use the ones I can to talk to me. A couple are even learning to sign along with me.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using AllDeaf App mobile app

I had a doctor that was HOH when I had to go to ER and I wish I could remember his name , I would love to have a doctor that understand what it like to be HOH.

Hopefully I'll soon find out. Applied for a job as medical storemen with the new A$2 Billion hospital thats being built.
I would imagine working in the medical field - even in a fairly lowly position - would be a very fair working environment..

Hopefully I'll soon find out. Applied for a job as medical storemen with the new A$2 Billion hospital thats being built.
I would imagine working in the medical field - even in a fairly lowly position - would be a very fair working environment..

Really hope you do get it. We all are rooting for you!! I would love to work at a hospital in any position!!

I work as a nursing assistant in a nursing home. Some of my patients really enjoy that I hear about as well as they do sometimes, LOL. I'm still new though so I'm still figuring it out, but I think it's working well.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Back