Are Hearing Aids at costco any good?

Cutie2

Reaction score
I need a new hearing aid and have an appointment at Costco this week. My hearing loss is profound. I wear a Phonak in my left ear and an old Widex in my right. Am replacing the right ear. What my audi charges is way too much and Costco is an option. Any opinions recommendations, or thoughts on this is appreciated! Thanks!

I've heard good things about Costco HAs, but with my somewhat crazy hearing loss, I'm sticking with my audiologist. Besides the fact that my local Costco does not have hearing aids.

I need a new hearing aid and have an appointment at Costco this week. My hearing loss is profound. I wear a Phonak in my left ear and an old Widex in my right. Am replacing the right ear. What my audi charges is way too much and Costco is an option. Any opinions recommendations, or thoughts on this is appreciated! Thanks!

I think they sell Phonak now. If you like your present Phonak, you should be fine.

Yes if they have something that fits your needs. They are not paid on commission. They get a salary so there is NO incentive to upsell you to the most expensive model even if it is not the best choice.

I know quite a few people who have been very satisfied with their Costco HA. Also with the 90 trial period where you will get all your money back if you decide to not keep them, you have nothing to lose.

Costco employs audiologists and the aids they sell are mostly rebranded aids from known manufacturers like Phonak

I'v become quite the fan of Costco HA's. It's no secret either. Especially since my experience with the Audie at our local Costco was very good. When my daughter needed a hearing aid, I was able to get the Costco Kirkland Signature 5.0 for her at almost half the cost of what the Audiologist wanted, and he does nothing different than the Audie at Costco.

Now, Costco does sell almost all major brands from Phonak, to Rexton, etc.

However, since you are profound in both ears, I would ask the Costco Audie about their Kirkland Signature HA's. Costco has the new model called "Kirkland Signature 6.0". The Audie there basically told me they are "Resound Linx" branded for Costco at a much reduced price when bought as a pair. They are both designed to work together with their bineural programming. They can both be operated with one remote together for changes in volume, and different programs for different environments, like restaurants, etc. The other neat thing about those HA's, is they have a smartphone app, so you can stream music, and take phone calls directly from your phone without needing a separate intermediate phone clip. The technology is really advancing quickly, and the prices are getting much more affordable.

Also, custom molds only cost $40 each ear. So, in your case, you can have both ears molded for $80. Find a private Audie that will "normally" do it for that price, and I've got a bridge to sell you. LOL Don't get me wrong, Audies deserve their pay, but it is an obvious conclusion of why they usually charge a lot more, being independent. Costco can sell HA's with a much smaller mark up.

I've also heard good things, no harm giving them a try, there's always your trial period, if you don't like them........return them for money back.

Do you happen to know if you can get molds made there if your HA aren't from costco? I have put off new molds for my Phonaks because they're $$$ at my audi but that is totally affordable!

Do you happen to know if you can get molds made there if your HA aren't from costco? I have put off new molds for my Phonaks because they're $$$ at my audi but that is totally affordable!

Yes you can. Also at Sam's Club, also with audiologist on staff.

Back