Are deaf kids bullied/harrassed more frequently than hearing kids in mainstream?

And, she doesn't pretend to be in other groups just so that other people will like her. That is certainly NOT a trait of low self esteem that a trait of courage.

you are lying! she said serious joking. very serious. you know on serious. that is why

Back to the "bully". I can't get over thinking that the members of any target group think they have it worse than the others simply because they are most familiar with what happens to their group.

I posted the above as post #471 and got only one response. Anyone care to comment. For instance I have a feeling that those that get it about hearing think they have it the worst and then those that get it over weight think their group gets the worst bullying.

I posted the above as post #471 and got only one response. Anyone care to comment. For instance I have a feeling that those that get it about hearing think they have it the worst and then those that get it over weight think their group gets the worst bullying.

I think bullying is going to feel equally bad no matter what the reason.

I was HOH in public school....and No...I didn't get bullied or harrassed. I stood up for myself...Matter of fact, I was basically ignored when I had to go to a deaf school after becoming totally deaf....simply because I could talk and knew no ASL....but I survived it, made friends and graduated there....

I'll make it simple for you. Your suggestion stated "only" .....therefore one solution.

Nope never said that. Never said it has to be only ASL.....

I have always advocated in giving all deaf and hoh opportunities to have both ...ASL and the opportunity to develop speech skills in English.

Of course those who weren't able to develop speech skills still have opportunities to master English.

I never believed that it has to be one or the other.

You, on the other hand, have supported giving only the oral-only with no opportunities to learn ASL philosophy.

Back