AR points?

Awauphi

Reaction score
I went to the Award Assembly at TJ's school this morning. TJ got one award for being on honor roll all semester this year. Then He got a plaque for 140 AR points. and lastly he got a principal award for most overall improved in Reading. only two principal awards were given out. thats biggest honor!~ Wow! :D

the reason why i am saying this.. is do any of you know what AR points is? what does it mean?? :dunno: someone said its about reading ?? if yall dont know this.. i will find out one way or another.. ha.. i just wonder? any explantions to help me undy what it is for would be greatly appreciated.. :)

Oh yes~! I am very proud of him! :applause: Of course he will go on to second grade this fall! i cant believe school is out.. and I will have TJ with me for summer time! HORRAY~!! :)

Accerlate Reading. I am proud of him and he will have fun this summer! :)

Luckysmile23 said:
I went to the Award Assembly at TJ's school this morning. TJ got one award for being on honor roll all semester this year. Then He got a plaque for 140 AR points. and lastly he got a principal award for most overall improved in Reading. only two principal awards were given out. thats biggest honor!~ Wow! :D

the reason why i am saying this.. is do any of you know what AR points is? what does it mean?? :dunno: someone said its about reading ?? if yall dont know this.. i will find out one way or another.. ha.. i just wonder? any explantions to help me undy what it is for would be greatly appreciated.. :)

Oh yes~! I am very proud of him! :applause: Of course he will go on to second grade this fall! i cant believe school is out.. and I will have TJ with me for summer time! HORRAY~!! :)

Ah ! I remember that program when I was a kid :D I loved that program.... I got free personal pizza from Pizza Hut for reading many boosk

I :ily: that program big time, man !!!!!

Pizza Hut Reading Program at:

http://www.bookitprogram.com/

Congraulations Luckysmile23 and God Bless your son !!!! and don't forget to stay safe during the summer time too. :) :thumb:

Excuse me, I just noticed I spelled boosk :rofl: It is supposed to be books ....

Let's have some more pizza from Pizza Hut !!!!! :) :thumb:

Those were the good days !!!!! :deaf: :wiggle:

God Bless !!!! :angel:

Congratulations to TJ for all his hard work. :) .

AR, accelerated reading, points are earned for reading books and taking tests on them. Each book has a set amount of points, and if you score 100% on the test you get all the points. The higher the reading level the more points for a book, so your little man must have read a whole lot of books to do so well!

Yeah, I am sure he got alots of free personal pizza. That is for sure !!!! :) :thumb:

yeah he got many pizzas.. lol.. i ran into one of TJ's classmate's parent today and asked her what AR is? she explained to me that the kids read books with set of nbrs on it after they finish reading they take tests on the computer.. then results will come out of it.. i was like ohhh i didnt know?? it is new to me.. ha..

she said shes real happy for TJ.. and said he is so SMART considering that he have SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder)..she is right! wow! her daughter did well too as hers was 125. I am real proud of him! :)

lol heath.. you are excused for mistyping boosk.. LOL LOL hehe.. that made me laugh!

Luckysmile23 said:
yeah he got many pizzas.. lol.. i ran into one of TJ's classmate's parent today and asked her what AR is? she explained to me that the kids read books with set of nbrs on it after they finish reading they take tests on the computer.. then results will come out of it.. i was like ohhh i didnt know?? it is new to me.. ha..

she said shes real happy for TJ.. and said he is so SMART considering that he have SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder)..she is right! wow! her daughter did well too as hers was 125. I am real proud of him! :)

lol heath.. you are excused for mistyping boosk.. LOL LOL hehe.. that made me laugh!

You are welcome and to let you know in my time we did not have computers, I mean we had Apple computers but I did not use them very much at all maybe 1 or 2 maybe 3 times in one whole year but I know that I never took test on computer for free pizza. The only thing I remember was using those floppy disks then pop them in then do question and answer on math , reading , word spelling etc on Apple computers. I remember that. I just wrote on paper then explained to my teacher and my classmates in ASL what the book story was about then pray and hope my teacher says " Yes Good Work ! You get free pizza !!!! " I was all smiles and happy, man !!!!! :) :thumb:

I had forgotten about that and I am gonna have to check with my nephews and nieces and ask my brother and sister to see if they get free pizza for reading alots of books. I had never thought of that. I think I am sure they do get free pizza because we have Pizza Hut in the next a few towns so I would be surprised if they did not give free pizza to my nephew and niece's school because that is really a fun program to have. :) :thumb:

ok no plm.. im sure they do that today? find out and let me know ok.. :)

as for you doing it on apple computer.. wow.. back then when i was in school.. there was no such thing as an AR program then.. lucky the kids get to do it today.. cuz the kids can read ALL BOOKS from library to reach goals or past goals.. to get the points.. interesting?? wow! lucky! grrr.. :)

Luckysmile23 said:
ok no plm.. im sure they do that today? find out and let me know ok.. :)

as for you doing it on apple computer.. wow.. back then when i was in school.. there was no such thing as an AR program then.. lucky the kids get to do it today.. cuz the kids can read ALL BOOKS from library to reach goals or past goals.. to get the points.. interesting?? wow! lucky! grrr.. :)

Yeah go to the website link on there and type in your zipcode and see what the situation is. I was surfing the website to see what was going on and noticed the zip locator and my zip code does have the Personal Pizza Hut Reading Program which is good. I am gonna have to ask the kids what books they got to read because I am an uncle to 10+ kids. They still do that today give free pizza for reading good books. The Apple computer was a jumbo sized computer that seemed to be from the late 1970's early 1980's and was a slow, I mean a real slow computer, man I remember waiting forever for that computer to warm up then load the program then wait to hit enter then wait for screen to come online..... Today it is blazing fast, unbelieveable how far we have come with computer technology and they can be a good tool for school learning but I still would make sure if when I get married with my wife and I will make sure the kids know how to write on a piece of paper and pen and do things the old fashioned things for about 30 mintunes to 1 hour every day so that they stay skillful in both old and new technology. The mind is still the greatest technology God ever gave us. God Bless God himself for giving us awesome minds to work with. :) :thumb: God Bless !!!!! :angel:

My daughter just got the award last week for AR. She got a Bronze (3rd place) in her class. I've never had that when I was growing up. I think it's awesome that the kids are to read more nowadays

Lucky, I'm sooooo proud of TJ!!! He seems to be doing an excellent job!

Yeah, something else I noticed was when I was a kid. I always got punished for the bad things, the teachers always kept an eye out for bad behavior so I got in alots of schoolyard fights and trouble in the classroom !!!! :rofl:

But today, I noticed the opposite, The kids today are being rewarded for good behavior. I mean the teachers are trained to have an eye out for good behavior and reward them on the spot or in a special award ceremony each school quarter. That was something I never had so that is good news that more kids are getting recongized for doing good things. I know I did many good things but the teachers never really noticed it because they always kept an eye on me because I was the bad boy of the class which was true, hahaha !!!!! I am remembering those days and shaking my head but yeah it is good news that the kids today are getting rewarded for good behavior which makes more kids want to behave good and get noticed by the teachers for good behavior and I think it is awesome that the teachers are being trained to keep an eye out for good behavior which is something I never really got recongized for good behavior.

RebelGirl said:
My daughter just got the award last week for AR. She got a Bronze (3rd place) in her class. I've never had that when I was growing up. I think it's awesome that the kids are to read more nowadays

Lucky, I'm sooooo proud of TJ!!! He seems to be doing an excellent job!

congrats to your daughter! :D I am proud of her! keep up on reading books! hehe..

me too i am proud of him considering his condition- SPD? surprised me! i never expect this? ha.. :)

Back