Approval for bilateral!!!!!

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy. Helped a friend (parents of CI kid) move into thier new house, had to install a gas line for their dryer. Hung plastic over windows at home, painted Lillys new bedroom. Been busy.
I dont remember if I mentioned this or not, but even though we do not yet have written approval, the lady who does the scheduling for CI surgery at the hospital called my wife to let her know that she had spoken to the ins co and they told her that thye have full approval to pay for the surgery and equipment. We also found out that the copay is $250. Not the $500 we thought!

Sweeetness, to bad your probly noware near me I nad to have some pluming done for my space and have no clue how to do it - cant afor to hire outa the phone book - blah blah blah i'm off topic .... so what are you going to do with that extra $250 ?:D

Well, I will worry about extra $250 after the fact. My wife was told today that the insurance company has given the hospital verbal approval. They further told the hospital that they will have written approval in 7-10 days. After the hospital has that, they order the equiptment and schedule the surgery. I am still a little cautious about dealing with the ins. co. I keep expecting them to try to screw with us. I am hopin if they do, they have told enough people that we have approval that we could force them to pay for it. My HR person, saves all emails, faxes and phone calls when dealing with ins cos. she has assured me that thereare numerous conversations where they have stated they will cover the procedure. The insurance broker has done the same things.

I wish Lilly and you the best of luck on CI. ;)

Take cool and take it easy! :)

GOOD NEWS!!!!! The hospital finally got the approval letter fromt he insurance company! We have an appointment to meet with the implant team in early jan. We were told that we should expect to have the surgery in late january. WOOHOOOOOO!!!! The downside is the fact that we may miss the cochlear celebration in san antonio.

Lillys dad,

Congratulations on receiving insurance approval! :) I'll be keeping my fingers crossed in the hopes that Lilly's surgery date doesn't conflict with the Cochlear Celebration!

Again, congratulations! :)

Great news! And to think you thought you would have a battle on your hands.

Thanks, But remember, I have been battling since early last summer.
As fas as the trip to San antonio, I will cancel it before I postpone the surgery. I can go the the cochlear celebration next year if necessary. And I've been to san antonio several times.

GOOD NEWS!!!!! The hospital finally got the approval letter fromt he insurance company! We have an appointment to meet with the implant team in early jan. We were told that we should expect to have the surgery in late january. WOOHOOOOOO!!!! The downside is the fact that we may miss the cochlear celebration in san antonio.

Lillys dad,

Congratulations!! I wish you the best of luck! Keep us posted.

I am at work right now. I got sent to our HR office. WHen I got there, our HR receptionist gave me my copy of the approval letter and a big ole teary eyed hug. They have been working there asses off trying to get Lilly her bilat CI as long as I have. Man I owe them big time! The Doc appt in on Jan 2 is the pre-surgery consult. I am firmilir with the process due to Lilly being implanted a year and a half ago. But this is a different doctor. I know he is a great doctor, I just want to meet him and get to know him a little before the surgery.
Growing up, my mom was an office manager for three surgeons. I was always coming and going from the office. I kind of grew up there. I got to know several doctors and surgeons. Surgeons are the weird ones. The seem sot have a hard time dealing with people face to face. It seems the weirder they are, the better surgeons they are. I always compared surgeons to mechanics. If a mechanic had to look a car in the eye before the ripped the engine out and rebuilt it, they would feel akward about having to interact with the car before they cut it open. It is kind of weird having to look at someones outsides when you are visualizing the condition og their insides.
Sorry, I started babling again.

Wow! I'm glad to hear that. Insurance companies can be a pain in the a**!! Let us know how she's doing after the surgery.

We have an appointment with the suregon in the morning. I think we will get the surgery date then.

Back