approaching a deaf guy..

Jess121moore

Reaction score
okay so i got my new class scheldule for school. I was so happy because i hated my old teacher. So when i got to my new class, the students were outside waiting for teacher. I lean on the wall when I notice a extremely cute guy.So i grew pair and went over to talk to him. I said hi and told him my name but i got no reaction. He didnt even look at me! So embarrass i just walk away(now i know how guys feel.It sucks!). I walk in class room with my head down still in embarrasment(im shy). I just sit at my seat when i notice he just staring at me. When i look up he just turns his head and started signing and that when i realize he was deaf. At first i was like, wow maybe he didnt reject me. But i kinda didnt want to get my hopes up so i just let it go. So ya, weeks pass by and we talk a little. And its only because we have a mutual friend. when he not their its kinda werid... we just stare at eachother. I look up and he always staring my way and i just stare back and then look down. Its awkward. Even my friends notice and they will say "he looking at you" or "just go talk to him". I really would but i know ZERO about sign lanuage. I didnt even know there were deaf kids at my school. I started looking stuff up on google so i know alittle about ASL. But even if i talk to him what heck do i say? Would he understand me? He not very good lip-reader and im fast talker. lol But i want to get to know him. Any advice?:hmm:

If you don't know/use ASL write a message to him- and see how he responds?

If you don't know/use ASL write a message to him- and see how he responds?

agreed, writing things on a cell phone or a piece of paper is a good way to help with communication :)

Jess, write him a short letter or note, if you want a guy to notice you smile and give a wave. I have had interested guys go as far as to bring an ASL book with them. Get a book, look something up on the net. Show him you "a hearie" is willing to try and if he is interested he will work with you on communication. Question: would you pass up a cute French guy if he did not speak English?

Have a watch of this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmq321zjkvs](REMAKE) Love Language - YouTube[/ame]

Back