Appreciate Some Advice

russh

Reaction score
Hello,
My questions are in behalf of my 91 year old Mother. She has lived with severe hearing loss most of her life. Without her HA she is stone deaf. She has used the Oticon 380P, which she believes is the most powerfull, is this true? I had hoped for her sake, that maybe technology had something better for her now.
She has a hard time talking on her "amplified" phone. It's an old AT&T with a amplified handset. What is the best phone available, for a person with a Analogue HA like hers?
I would love to help her out, she gets so frustrated at times, trying to hear people on her phone.
Any ideas, suggestions, or thoughts would be most appreciated.
Russ

Hi, I'm not sure if that is the most powerful phone as I can't use phones anymore with me going nearly completely deaf & find prefer to sign, but when I was HOH a captioned phone was really a lot of help to me. They have large captions easy to read.If you get her one it is a good idea to tell the party on the other end there will be a short lag as the captions come up so people don't mistakenly hang up on you. Good luck.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Back