Apple

zerodog

Reaction score
Hello,

I know and sure see somewhere thread about the MAC and do search... I am sure some of you may see this thread may become repeat.. sorry :(

I just looking at store and going to buy one. Again...

I understand that XP or Vista can use Apple on MAC o/s... my question which model of those computer such as MAC Book or MAC Book Pro or Desktop?

What the feature but I understand reduce the viruses unlike PC.

I am looking for answer, but not try to find easy answer...

Anyone can tell me who have MAC or any advise would useful

forgot to add..

When I looking around the Apple and I do see the Windows Vista... it like.. what wrong with MAC??? Know what I am saying? I am still searching...

Well, I have a Imac, I wouldn't do the dual boot system. I would use separate computer because if XP or Vista have corruption, then it would be hassle to reformat it. To save my headache, I would prefer full Mac OS on my Imac and Xp on my other pc tower.

Well, I have a Imac, I wouldn't do the dual boot system. I would use separate computer because if XP or Vista have corruption, then it would be hassle to reformat it. To save my headache, I would prefer full Mac OS on my Imac and Xp on my other pc tower.

so for MAC to use laptop or desktop which is recommend? I am more looking at portable but at same time desktop has less mess wire.. not like PC...

I can't believe I am asking this thread just hard to decide...

When you decide to get MAC is that hard or tough to make decision?

so for MAC to use laptop or desktop which is recommend? I am more looking at portable but at same time desktop has less mess wire.. not like PC...

I can't believe I am asking this thread just hard to decide...

When you decide to get MAC is that hard or tough to make decision?

My friend, who is computer whiz recommended me to get one and so I bought it and was very satisfied with my Imac and find this less headache than Windows.

I'm no computer expert, but for me, I wouldn't do dual boot, but others can do.

If you want laptop, it is good for traveling and not to be used as "daily" or for gamers. Laptop does not have sufficient cooling which makes laptop run hotter which shortens life. Desktop tower has more cooling and lasts much longer.

I would get laptop when I can use to travel and watch DVD on the plane or to keep in touch via e-mail or need internet for information.

My Imac have a built in wireless so the less "wire clutter" around my desk.

Whichever suits you, it's up to your decision what you are comfortable with. :)

Bootcamp has delete feature that you can delete the partition if Windows OS is corrupted.

For startup, press "option" and give you a choice to boot up into Windows or Mac OS.

It doesn't interfere with Mac.

Bootcamp has delete feature that you can delete the partition if Windows OS is corrupted.

For startup, press "option" and give you a choice to boot up into Windows or Mac OS.

It doesn't interfere with Mac.

Ah, :ty: I didn't know about that one, will keep in mind, but I'd just use full Mac OS on my Imac. :)

I am looking for more like this PC but want this be transform to MAC due video quality and all part. I have this computer for 6 years old... Yes this is doing good... I keep to say But but but.. I was like.. I am going give you cash and get me one for me to decide for me... but the comfortable, I am looking at less wire until HP and Dell has offer all in one.

It become harder for mo to decide.. MAC pro is last longer ? I don't know.. any website that you know of and I can review those link that you are aware?

I am looking for more like this PC but want this be transform to MAC due video quality and all part. I have this computer for 6 years old... Yes this is doing good... I keep to say But but but.. I was like.. I am going give you cash and get me one for me to decide for me... but the comfortable, I am looking at less wire until HP and Dell has offer all in one.

It become harder for mo to decide.. MAC pro is last longer ? I don't know.. any website that you know of and I can review those link that you are aware?

That depends on how you use the computer.

I've been using the same XP pc for 6-7 years til I finally bought my Imac. I still have my XP tower in the storage for now. It still operable but I haven't had room to put one around my desk.

Also I should note that, whichever you choose meets your budget. Macbook Pro is more expensive than Macbook. Something you can browse around and which meets your needs and budget.

Good luck! :)

Mac and PC have no difference in terms of video quality...but in video media editing...most use Macs due to the superior video editing software they got for special effects. Most people use PCs for video gaming because of the wealth of games and video card hardware and the prices are lot less.

How much are you willing to pay for a Mac? If you want a desktop but have the portability of a laptop, I would suggest a Macbook Pro 17" but that is very expensive otherwise get a Macbook Pro 15" and get a cheap Dell widescreen LCD or something similar. Do you really like Mac that much? Have you tried one at the store and liked it? That's part of the decision of buying a Mac.

Mac and PC have no difference in terms of video quality...but in video media editing...most use Macs due to the superior video editing software they got for special effects. Most people use PCs for video gaming because of the wealth of games and video card hardware and the prices are lot less.

How much are you willing to pay for a Mac? If you want a desktop but have the portability of a laptop, I would suggest a Macbook Pro 17" but that is very expensive otherwise get a Macbook Pro 15" and get a cheap Dell widescreen LCD or something similar. Do you really like Mac that much? Have you tried one at the store and liked it? That's part of the decision of buying a Mac.

Wish you didn't say that... I know I ask for it.

It is hard for you to decide before make a decision?

If yes or not and why?

Ah, :ty: I didn't know about that one, will keep in mind, but I'd just use full Mac OS on my Imac. :)

Sure, no problem.

I bet you will be computer expert in near future.

i brought mac ibook in 2003 it last until dec 2007 when i brought Macbook new one is much better and it is updated, i love MAC :)

Wish you didn't say that... I know I ask for it.

It is hard for you to decide before make a decision?

If yes or not and why?

Let me tell you something, I never owned a PC in my life. Like I said, did you try a Mac in the store or someplace? You gotta split up the pros and cons before deciding on why you want a Mac. Many people use PC for a reason, plenty of software and games to play on it. Mac for other reason, less viruses, stable overall, less tech support, etc.

Looking for a mac, various on what you want. Do you need to use the computer for travelling? Do you rather better off leave a computer on a desk at home - tag as a home computer?

Mac has various computer styles.

- MacBook 15" which is just a basic laptop but it have the goodies, with various HDD numbers to your perference, 80GB, 160GB or more.
- MacBook Pro 17" is very expensive yes, but good for the people who uses multimedia a lot.

- Mac Mini - This is just a computer but you can plug in a 24" widescreen Dell monitor to the mini. My grandparents have dell 15" plugged to their mac mini.

Mac is better than PC computers, becuase they do not get any viruses at all. SOme people say the mac can get viruses, but seriously, no. My father have 3 - 4 year old laptop and it is running just fine.

The PC Computers all can only last up to 4 years depending on your abuse and use (Tear and wear) and gets viruses easily if you dont look after well, and the PC is mainy used for gaming if the specifications are very high. Basically, I own a 10" mini laptop and it is for uni/travelling purposes.

Good luck in searching the right mac for you

Here is my opinion for choosing a laptop

The Golden Rule: Get what is right for you

I'm going to start with a PC
If you are a gamer get a PC.
Why?
Because gaming is cheaper on a windows laptop(and every game should run on windows)
You will also be able to get brands such as Alienware which is for high performance computing.

The PC is usually cheaper
Why?
The PC has a lot of competition with companies should as Hp and dell competing it keeps the price lower than the Mac. Apple is the only company that makes Macs so that is where the high price is from
Also you can build desktops(not laptops) for great price and customization.

Cons of the PC
Computer virus, spyware and all kinds of malware
PC is the widely targeted OS for malware
This is a lot due to the high market share of the PC.
Some tips to avoid malware
Get a antivirus and antispyware
Make sure you have everything updated Windows updates, Java, etc
A great place to find out if everything is updated is here
Secunia.com
DO NOT open attachments from unknown sources
Learn about the dangers of online scams
Examples
Top Five Online Scams - PC World
Another cool program is MyWot which tells you if a site is good or bad by using a voting tactic in which users rate the site good or bad(I like this one better than McAfee SiteAdvisor)
Internet Security | WOT Web of Trust

The Macintosh
I'm a PC user so I'll try to put as much down as I can but feel free to disagree with me :P

The Macintosh barely has any malware at all. A lot Online scams though should still work(such as phishing)

The Macintosh is easy to use

I recommend looking at JClarke's post for the Macintosh though

You can also look at the Linux OS :P

we ended up with a bunch of macs in the office. we have a trainer that used a personal computer that was a mac and his presentation was through keynote. so when he was at a conference with my boss and several other people they saw this dynamic presentation that wasn't a stereotypical powerpoint slideshow and they decided on the fly that macs were better.

as the graphic designer at the company, i've adopted the role of i.t. (although i really have no business doing it). i used macmall to buy the macs, which i've found to have great prices on the macs. i bought parallels with xp pro with them. even my mac, which is just a 15", w/ parallels desktop xp pro, 2.4 gigs, 4 gb ram 200 gb hdd and an nvidia graphic card was under 2000 (by five bucks).

there is a learning curve to the mac, but from an it perspective they are a little easier to set up than the lenovos in the office. they can find the printers on the network easily and do most of the work for you when setting things up. what's an added bonus is that they don't ask you if you're sure to do stuff every time you want to install software like windows does.

what i don't like about the macbook pro is that it is relatively flimsy. the metal around the cd drive is easy to squish with even a heavy hand, so you have to handle it with 2 hands. entourage for the mac is powerful when it works (there is no outlook on a mac). it has an issue of re-downloading all the emails from the server over and over again which is a real annoyance.

i got the xp on the mac because there are a lot of opensource apps you can get for pc, not so much with the mac. ftp works really well when dealing with sharepoint servers through the pc.

even though the macs are expensive, i would advise against getting a pc that is cheap as well. some of the ones you find at best buy or other retailers (like the emachine, etc.) have these really good processors and large hdd that perform sub par on the motherboard. customization becomes a joke, and the pc just doesn't perorm well with heavy graphics over time. they also tend to run really hot because of the cheap fans inside, even while doing simple tasks.

I have an Apple desktop G5 dual so I am happy with mine since about five years. Yes, it is always expensive. I choose Apple because the Apple company cares about the environment such as eliminate toxic materials on new Apple products.

Note: The Apple store sells LED monitors now, but they are only for laptops. They will come out for all Apple computers this year. I don't know when they will be ready. LCD is nice, but it has mercury in it. I think that LED monitors do not make your eyes tired.

Many IBM PC and older Apple computers contain toxic materials such as CPUs, mouses, keyboards, monitors, and speakers. Mine probably has some toxic stuff. Here is the fact: Apple - A Greener Apple

Many IBM PC companies have not been eliminating the toxic stuff for years. I am really disappointed about it. I am not saying that IBM PC is bad, and it is all about their business market and profits.

A Sorenson man came over my house a few days ago, he saw my computer so he told me that he always wanted to buy his own Apple computer. Now, he is going to buy one soon, and I didn't encourage him to get the Apple because of the price. That's pretty interesting.

Your money issue is a problem, but we are alive, and we just go ahead buy the Apple computer. It is not quite worth for you to wait for one year, then wait for another two years and then finally bought one in ten years. By that time, you would be "65 years old." You know what I mean.

That man the Sorenson man knows that he hates to wait for another year to have a better computer. I had waited to get one for five years which wasted of my time.

If you love the games, just look up on Google or go to several stores to see what they have for Apple computers. It is a little cheaper to buy an Apple computer at some authorized stores instead of an Apple store.

In short, please do not buy any used IBM and Apple computers because they are especially worn out the hard disk drives.

Off subject, A Psystar Company won a case that it can sell its clone Apple computers. Here is the link:Psystar's Online Store - Open Computing Solutions featuring Mac OS X Leopard, Windows and Linux I am not familiar this one, and I think that it looks good to me.

I have an Apple desktop G5 dual so I am happy with mine since about five years. Yes, it is always expensive. I choose Apple because the Apple company cares about the environment such as eliminate toxic materials on new Apple products.

Note: The Apple store sells LED monitors now, but they are only for laptops. They will come out for all Apple computers this year. I don't know when they will be ready. LCD is nice, but it has mercury in it. I think that LED monitors do not make your eyes tired.

Many IBM PC and older Apple computers contain toxic materials such as CPUs, mouses, keyboards, monitors, and speakers. Mine probably has some toxic stuff. Here is the fact: Apple - A Greener Apple

Many IBM PC companies have not been eliminating the toxic stuff for years. I am really disappointed about it. I am not saying that IBM PC is bad, and it is all about their business market and profits.

A Sorenson man came over my house a few days ago, he saw my computer so he told me that he always wanted to buy his own Apple computer. Now, he is going to buy one soon, and I didn't encourage him to get the Apple because of the price. That's pretty interesting.

Your money issue is a problem, but we are alive, and we just go ahead buy the Apple computer. It is not quite worth for you to wait for one year, then wait for another two years and then finally bought one in ten years. By that time, you would be "65 years old." You know what I mean.

That man the Sorenson man knows that he hates to wait for another year to have a better computer. I had waited to get one for five years which wasted of my time.

If you love the games, just look up on Google or go to several stores to see what they have for Apple computers. It is a little cheaper to buy an Apple computer at some authorized stores instead of an Apple store.

In short, please do not buy any used IBM and Apple computers because they are especially worn out the hard disk drives.

Off subject, A Psystar Company won a case that it can sell its clone Apple computers. Here is the link:Psystar's Online Store - Open Computing Solutions featuring Mac OS X Leopard, Windows and Linux I am not familiar this one, and I think that it looks good to me.

No, you are incorrect, it's not final by court yet, there's will be other trial in next fall.

Psystar is just won the 1 case but lose in other case but not final yet.

Not just only for Apple about environment, there's some PC companies are taking care of environment as well.

No, you are incorrect, it's not final by court yet, there's will be other trial in next fall.

Psystar is just won the 1 case but lose in other case but not final yet.

Not just only for Apple about environment, there's some PC companies are taking care of environment as well.

Really, another case. I hope that Psystar wins another case. I read the newspaper last year (?), and it does not mention that it needs another case. Thanks, Foxrac.

I hope that all computer manufacturers will clean out the toxic stuff and send the bad ones to China with no return back to our country.

Back