Apple seeks patent for hearing aids

:lol: I wonder it they would have the little bitten apple logo on the side? I would buy just for the cool factor!

Then Apple will sue all the other hearing aid manufacturers for copyright. Then we'd be stuck with Apple-only hearing aids. :(

:lol: I wonder it they would have the little bitten apple logo on the side? I would buy just for the cool factor!

:hmm:No more BTE, only little white earbuds?
:roll:cool features that only work with Apple products?
:jaw:higher cost?
:giggle:iHear?

Then Apple will sue all the other hearing aid manufacturers for copyright. Then we'd be stuck with Apple-only hearing aids. :(

only if they're using its technology.

Apple isn't making hearing aids. They are developing a protocol for hearing aid manufacturers to use allowing hearing aids to communicate directly with the iphone, eliminating the need for a streamer.

Also, Apple filed patents to allow the user to program their aids via an app, eliminating the need to see an audiologist for minor changes.

iOS 6 comes with even more features to make it easier for people with vision, hearing, learning and mobility disabilities to get the most from their iOS devices. Guided Access helps students with disabilities such as autism remain on task and focused on content. It allows a parent, teacher or administrator to limit an iOS device to one app by disabling the Home button, as well as restrict touch input on certain areas of the screen. VoiceOver, the revolutionary screen reader for blind and low-vision users, is now integrated with Maps, AssistiveTouch and Zoom. And Apple is working with top manufacturers to introduce Made for iPhone hearing aids that will deliver a power-efficient, high-quality digital audio experience.5

but ummm no because, Apple hasnt been making Any hearing aids, there's NO way' they'd dare to sue anyone, Siemens, Widex, Oticon are probably bigger...

They wouldn't sue unless someone was using a technology that they gve a patent for so hearing aids that work with apple devices to convert speech to text basically

I will research lots of HA :) I do love HA, I figure out on iphone difficult I know HA is very pretty relate to iphone apple difficult, I know!

but ummm no because, Apple hasnt been making Any hearing aids, there's NO way' they'd dare to sue anyone, Siemens, Widex, Oticon are probably bigger...

One of the most common ways to measure a companies value or size is market cap. Which is to say , the total value of all the stock the company has outstanding. Which is also another way of saying "how much money would it take to buy ALL of the stock of a company at any given moment in time"

Apple is the most valuable company in the world. Its market cap is around 620 Billion.

Siemens , which is the only one you list that could even come close , is valued at under 100 billion for the entire company. With the hearing aid division comprising less then 2% of revenue. And they are looking to get rid of it even , because it is not profitable.

One of the most common ways to measure a companies value or size is market cap. Which is to say , the total value of all the stock the company has outstanding. Which is also another way of saying "how much money would it take to buy ALL of the stock of a company at any given moment in time"

Apple is the most valuable company in the world. Its market cap is around 620 Billion.

Siemens , which is the only one you list that could even come close , is valued at under 100 billion for the entire company. With the hearing aid division comprising less then 2% of revenue. And they are looking to get rid of it even , because it is not profitable.

quite disgusting, market cap as a concept is wrong ethically, but i hear ya...

That sucks. My husband loves his Siemens hearing aid and thinks they are the best...

I wonder if this picture is an actual prototype of the Apple hearing aid?
125ople.jpg

Last edited:
Back