Apple refuses to unlock San Bernardino terrorists phone for FBI investigation

Ironically, he's libertarian so he shouldn't support the government.
From reading Jiro's posts it doesn't sound like McAfee is a true Libertarian- only running under that because that's the only choice he has- since he probably won't get much 'recognition' under the Cyber Party (!). I saw the 20/20 (or was it Dateline...one of them) story about him. Yow. He never mentioned his "skill" in developing apps and such and plans for apps.

I don't know anyone who uses McAfee anymore and I tend to recommend against it now.

From reading Jiro's posts it doesn't sound like McAfee is a true Libertarian- only running under that because that's the only choice he has- since he probably won't get much 'recognition' under the Cyber Party (!). I saw the 20/20 (or was it Dateline...one of them) story about him. Yow. He never mentioned his "skill" in developing apps and such and plans for apps.

I don't know anyone who uses McAfee anymore and I tend to recommend against it now.
careful, jiro will want your sources...lol

perhaps you can help me. perhaps you can enlighten me with what amazing things he has done after he sold the company.

if not... I'll just assume you don't know what you're talking about which is why you're making me dig for some mysterious fictional treasure chest. I've dealt with this all days long. I know bull**** when I see it.

You are in IT..woooooo
Did you know McAfee is a Hacker? Do you know he has Billion dollar bounties on him? why do you think he is running... dig.

and you dont think he can hack an iphone?

You are in IT..woooooo
Did you know McAfee is a Hacker? Do you know he has Billion dollar bounties on him? why do you think he is running... dig.

He will end up in same way as 3DM hackers.

3DM hackers cannot pirate the game anymore due to strong encryption.

He will end up in same way as 3DM hackers.

3DM hackers cannot pirate the game anymore due to strong encryption.
Dont know, he has sources... he has the ins and outs of the game still. And if he is really a nobody, why would hired killers be hunting him... its out there, just read it. And more will be hired to hunt him soon ( wouldnt be surprised if Apple hires the next hit.

You are in IT..woooooo
Did you know McAfee is a Hacker?
McAfee is not a hacker. he's a hack. he doesn't know anything about hacking. that's why he can't hack for living. please do tell me what he has hacked.

Do you know he has Billion dollar bounties on him? why do you think he is running... dig.
what bounty? where? for what?

nope. he can't do it and neither can world-class hackers for decades. not even DEFCON. do you know what a DEFCON is, right? not the government warning system. the one held in Las Vegas every year where all greatest hackers come together.

do you even know what's "hacking" is? do you think it's something like in movie where some computer geek's computer is filled with some cool-looking codes and type at like 100 mph and ta-da.... it's hacked?

nope. doesn't work like that. the only way possible to "hack" is to steal the source code.... which is by doing a corporate espionage. he'd have to "break" into Apple Company and somehow obtain a high-level access to get into root-level server to access the source code.

from your source -
So here is my offer to the FBI. I will, free of charge, decrypt the information on the San Bernardino phone, with my team. We will primarily use social engineering, and it will take us three weeks. If you accept my offer, then you will not need to ask Apple to place a back door in its product, which will be the beginning of the end of America.

do you know what a social engineering is? it's not even hacking. it's more like digging into dumpster, searching for any clues, and calling Apple company or any third-party developer with certain access in order to pose as a fake personnel to obtain a password to access into mainframe server and hopefully with a luck - gain an access into a server that contains a source code for entire Apple iOS program. That would be illegal and he can be sued and charged with corporate espionage.

and plus - my hearing friend was just here and saw my computer. he LOL'ed when he saw John Mcafee. He said - "llooooollll he's just..... a crazy insane person."

do you seriously think it's that easy? especially for Apple? Apple has world-class security system and protocol to ensure that its source code won't get stolen - it even exceed DoD level because they sh!t money and they can afford everything. they have been very successful for decades.

now look at this (again from your source) -
The fundamental question is this: Why can't the FBI crack the encryption on its own? It has the full resources of the best the US government can provide.

With all due respect to Tim Cook and Apple, I work with a team of the best hackers on the planet. These hackers attend Defcon in Las Vegas, and they are legends in their local hacking groups, such as HackMiami. They are all prodigies, with talents that defy normal human comprehension. About 75% are social engineers. The remainder are hardcore coders. I would eat my shoe on the Neil Cavuto show if we could not break the encryption on the San Bernardino phone. This is a pure and simple fact.

so even the government with full resource like NSA, DoD, CIA, etc. can't even "hack" it and you believe John McAfee can? I seriously really have no idea why you're worshipping this guy as a legend. You have failed to prove to me about John McAfee. All I see is him being a wash out. What "amazing" things he has done since he sold his company?????

Dont know, he has sources... he has the ins and outs of the game still. And if he is really a nobody, why would hired killers be hunting him... its out there, just read it. And more will be hired to hunt him soon ( wouldnt be surprised if Apple hires the next hit.

I really really really don't know why you're all hot and wet over him. really really really don't know.

I guess I'll just have to sit and wait it out for a couple weeks for you to finally see the truth of it when John McAfee admits that he can't do it.

Im not, just stating the facts, look it up and you will see why he has bounties for his head. If you say he's not a hacker.....ok, because he has some info that some dont want known. Ill leave it here.

Im not, just stating the facts, look it up and you will see why he has bounties for his head. If you say he's not a hacker.....ok, because he has some info that some dont want known. Ill leave it here.

I too am stating facts. overwhelming amount of facts that you refuse to believe. I don't really know why you're being combative with me and so defensive about him. I don't know why. why do you feel so strongly supportive of him?

seriously.... look at his background especially life after selling a failed company. I also don't know why you're being so vague about him. You're making a bunch of claims about him with no source. I'd have to assume that since you could not provide any single source about his "successful" success after selling his failed company.... he's been living a failed life and making a wild allegation in news from time to time.

I'm not sure what you're referring to - an info that some doesn't want to know? is it Ashley Madison thing? pft it's nothing. he has done nothing about it. all he did is poke around and made some allegations.

if you believe he's a hacker.... then tell me what did he hack.

if you believe his company was so successful.... then why was his company sold for measly $7.68 billion dollar? how can a company with worldwide brand and service be sold for such a piddly amount? it should be valued at least $20 billion. I don't know if you remember back then when Norton and few other reputable anti-virus (free) companies came into picture and Mcafee started to crumbled away from there. Mcafee software was often ranked poorly by security experts for its overly bloated software and ineffective protection against viruses.

he was very lucky that Intel would buy it off from him for $7.68 billion. this kind of thing is very common. many big-name companies with massive war chest (money) buy out failed companies to expand their business. when you think of Intel.... you think CPU. you would never thought Intel as also an anti-virus company. back then, Intel was stuck at plateau because it's already dominated the CPU market and it's not making great profit from it (just like Cisco study case). With so much money in its pocket and pressure from board members.... Intel explored around and expanded its base to graphic card (which is why we now have Intel motherboard with integrated video card) and anti-virus via Mcafee - I have no idea why but oh well. they sh!t money... they're free to do whatever they want. perhaps they have ulterior motive. *shrug*

So if it was really a failed company, why would intel buy it for 7 billion and some change? Look into where he lived, I pulled several articles last night just out of curosity about him and all the info I stated is in those articles. People like you believe he is a nobody, but deep within he is a mastermind. Why would he be working for several other big names if apparently he doesnt know squat as you state? Because he does know something that they dont want other to find out. Why would he offer to hack the iphone if he doesnt know anything ( and you do know he worked with apple)
Not being combative at all Jiro, and I have no care in the world about Mr McAfee.. I read alot an catch articles that grab attention from time to time. Yeah the man has issues, but again who that was so intelligent didnt? They all go insane at one point or another, even great leaders.

So if it was really a failed company, why would intel buy it for 7 billion and some change?
I've explained about that at great length in my previous post. the last 2 paragraphs. it's a chump change for Intel with massive war chest.

Look into where he lived, I pulled several articles last night just out of curosity about him and all the info I stated is in those articles. People like you believe he is a nobody, but deep within he is a mastermind.
he became a nobody after his life went into downward spiral form.

he's a mastermind? how so? what amazing thing he has done?

Why would he be working for several other big names if apparently he doesnt know squat as you state? Because he does know something that they dont want other to find out. Why would he offer to hack the iphone if he doesnt know anything ( and you do know he worked with apple)
because he's crazy and probably trying to get money. we can sit and wait if he can do it. I can easily bet you a house that he won't succeed. wanna bet?

if the government with its full resource can't even hack an iPhone.... then how can you believe John Mcafee can do it? have you ever heard of Smurf Suite Program? that should give you a hint that John Mcafee won't succeed.

you do realize that after entering wrong password several times.. the iPhone would be wiped clean?

Not being combative at all Jiro, and I have no care in the world about Mr McAfee.. I read alot an catch articles that grab attention from time to time. Yeah the man has issues, but again who that was so intelligent didnt? They all go insane at one point or another, even great leaders.
like I said... I'm in IT field and we all know who is he and the whole stories. It's like this.... many of you know sports very well and you know sport players and coaches better than me. you know a lot of players' personas.... strength and weakness... backgrounds, etc. etc. you just know enough to make a very good guess at who can win or not and who will be the star or not.

same thing about the corporate world and these people like John McAfee. I don't know jack squat about any of sport players but I know very well about these business/IT players. yes I get that John Mcafee had worked for big-namers but he's mediocre at best doing some mediocre works. there's nothing successful about him. just a string of failures and mediocrity.

Trump is trying to get people to boycott Apples . Do people think Apples is wrong in refusing to unlock the phone. I would think the FBI had hire someone that know how to do this and not have wait for a company to work with them .

Trump is trying to get people to boycott Apples . Do people think Apples is wrong in refusing to unlock the phone. I would think the FBI had hire someone that know how to do this and not have wait for a company to work with them .

Good luck with it.

I stand with Apple.

Ok, so a Judge ordered Apple to turn this over because the owner ended up going on a terrorist related shooting spree.

But somehow, the dead terrorist has privacy rights too. :roll:

Right now, I doubt he cares about his 4th Amendment rights. So, the question here is, could the owner of Apple be charged for aiding and abetting a known criminal terrorist organization?

Ok, so a Judge ordered Apple to turn this over because the owner ended up going on a terrorist related shooting spree.

But somehow, the dead terrorist has privacy rights too. :roll:

Right now, I doubt he cares about his 4th Amendment rights. So, the question here is, could the owner of Apple be charged for aiding and abetting a known criminal terrorist organization?
Im sure theyll go after Steve Jobs

The phone belongs to the county for which the terrorist worked. It was a work phone, not a personal one. The county gave its permission to access the phone. Apple has permission from the legal owner, so it would not be a breach of the privacy agreement to access it.

The concern is once a back door is created it could be abused by the gov't and hackers on other phones.

Back