Apple Picking: How The iPhone Became An Object Worth Killing For

i've had my second iphone stolen from me on the street. I was walking from the train and two guys literally jumped me, ripped the phone out of my hands, cut up my arm, and took off. hopefully karma will follow up with those douches. I had no CI at the time and was completely deaf which did not help matters!

Can they crack your passcode that included in iPhone? I wonder... Or they just steal your iPhone for device itself?

I've seen videos online where people stand by iPhone users in the subway... until the doors start closing. Then the thief will grab the iPhone and run out leaving the victim stunned.

The prepare person should have photo stream ON, passcode ON, GPS track-able (Find my iPhone app).

I have seen many people doesn't turn password ON on their phone. Because some been tell me they're sick of enter password before use the phone. I won't leave it unprotect.

According to the article they are just microwaving them for warranty replacement so they don't need a passcode.

Why do people still use Iphones if they are a target? I've never seen anyone killed, or anyone's hand get cut up for a cheap phone :) Iphones seem to be like wearing jewellery on the subway :)

Last edited:
Back